diamond python sick possibly R.I

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saintanger

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i have had my female diamond python for about 2 months she is 5 years old, she has not had a feed and i did not worry because she was cooled. she had been very active last few weeks i offered her a feed and she did not want it, so i left her alone. for a week she has been asleep up in the branches in her enclosure so i haven't seen her (well not her head.). this afternoon she came down and sat on the bottom with her mouth open, blowing bubbles. i pulled her out straight away and called my local after hours reptile/ exotics vet. i took her straight in, but he (vet) is not experience with reptiles and was the only vet onsite after hours so he has admited her and gave her 2 anitbiotics after speaking to another vet on the phone, who will be there tomorow to see her.

i'm thinking its a respitory infection, or mouth rot. her mouth stunk badly. i just don't know how this developed so fast as a week ago she was fine (maybe was sick but just not visable). :(

i know i should keep her enclosure nice and warm wen she gets home, anything else i can do?

also what causes it?

any useful help appreciated, i really miss my girl.:cry:

R.I can be caused from too much humidity for too long and not enough heat.
hope your snake gets better though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back