Digital SLR's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would recommend a cheaper body and saving your dollars for better lenses. I have a nikon D3000 that can be bought for around 350- 400 bucks (body only) my only criticism is the LCD quality, and Ive priced a sigma 105 mm macro lens for $700.
87B51145-7872-4196-22ED-C928126D1867

ooooooooh... Olympus have released the E5 - wooooowho....

HD video capture - that's sweet (especially with the lenses)...

Steve - if you import that same 105mm lens you can get it for around $400 (as I did - so i got two Sigma lenses for around $700).

It's also my favourite macro lens (I have a 35mm too) - but that one does it for me...

Try sigma4less (I think that's the site).

The Nikon D7000 was officially announced yesterday! I am waiting to hear on the Australian price. Has anyone heard how much this model will be??

Thanks Slim6y, I may give it a go. I get very nervous spending that sort of money on something I can't see, and it's fragile, but the extra $300 is expensive peace of mind.
87B51145-7872-4196-22ED-C928126D1867

Hey, nice shots :D Just a query though, did you compress those heavily? I'm just wondering what caused the checkered appearance of the background. And the reduced # of colours in the background of the last image/blockyness :) I'm just wondering whether its a camera quality issue

well I'm not sure I understand you here but are you talking about the depth and adjusting it? To tell you the truth I'm a newbie to these things myself (I don't handle a dslr to often :x)
and no I have not changed them since I took them.

well I'm not sure I understand you here but are you talking about the depth and adjusting it? To tell you the truth I'm a newbie to these things myself (I don't handle a dslr to often :x)
and no I have not changed them since I took them.

Ahh damnit! it was my internet! I downloaded a stupid thing that compresses images to make the internet supposedly run faster- I forgot about it!... pfft- it made the background of your photos look really bad, cutting out a heap of colours and turning the entire background of all the images into squares. I'm now at uni so can see the images properly (They really are very nice shots :D)

Needless to say, I am now deleting that stupid little program- stupid Dodo internet!

sorry again about that :|

I know its been a while, but I just thought I'd post an update... I did eventually decide to get a canon 550D + 18-200mm IS lens- I made that decision on quite a few factors, and took in all of your comments, advice and opinions! Unfortunately though, the plan on getting an SLR has just fallen through, so now I can't get one :( Sigh... at least I've learnt the jargon, so its not all bad news :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back