Discriminated @ Pet Store Over Buying Mice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ to be fair, horses don't naturally become glue :p

Mice naturally become food though

I do see your point though, so I'm not taking a stab :)

She should be commended, most petshop don't give a hoot about the welfare of there animals. Get over it and find another petshop.

they all end up snake food in the end !!!,that is what god made them for ,otherwise they would not have a long tail for holding onto like a tea bag.

your boyfriend needs to think quicker he should of replied " ok! do you have any small kittens instead?" lol

Last edited:
This thread is 12 months old, do you think she has her mice by now?

I know it's an old thread but what made me laugh was people talking about the welfare of them being a concern. I reckon my rats and mice get treated better than most pets. Happy, healthy rodents are good producers so I reckon some of the best looked after rodents belong to reptile owners

Maybe the rats were sold to the store under the condition that they were to be pets? Some people say that when they sell/give animals away and maybe the lady was honoring an agreement. If it is discrimination then I don't really see it. I can see both sides here. I will note that I buy quails/mice/rats all live occasionally as I breed Quails and my siblings keep mice/rats and never have I been asked what the purpose was. She may have been covering all bases but once you had given her the information that they weren't going to be live fed she had no legitimate reason to refuse sale.

But really next time just get them elsewhere. Clearly not worth the hassle.

i hate rats so decided to do the breeding rabbits thing to fill up our snake freezer.had a whole arguement that the rabbits i was buying today will be pets and the bubbys will be food.not live food,dead.oh the whoopie doo she made about the cruelty of donging the bubs,pain,anguish and basic torture she expects the rabbits to go thru.but its cool to keep paying $30 odd bucks per feed from her store per fortnight for rats.how does the stupid lady think they got in the bags.......died of their own free will,bravely gave up their lives so that snakes could live on.....mmmmmm.....not likely.

This is just typical with the retail industry crying poor after the GFC and people not buying as much and businesses are either downsizing or closing down or buying online. Most of these petshops would be small businesses so you would think it would be in their best interests to sell what ever they can. In the end it will be their own fault if they don't do well with the inflated prices they push onto the consumer.

Well all i can say is karma will get em

If this happens to rats/mice this would also happen to baby chickens if you were starting a farm or something and wanted chickens to breed and the babies you would fatten up to eventually consume ourselves?

:lol: what a funny thread, just tell them what they want to hear. These sort of humans are very stupid and its easy to avoid conflict if you go about it the right way. Its just like picking up give away kittens ;)

I seriously hope you're joking about the kitten part!

This is just typical with the retail industry crying poor after the GFC and people not buying as much and businesses are either downsizing or closing down or buying online. Most of these petshops would be small businesses so you would think it would be in their best interests to sell what ever they can. In the end it will be their own fault if they don't do well with the inflated prices they push onto the consumer.

Well all i can say is karma will get em

If this happens to rats/mice this would also happen to baby chickens if you were starting a farm or something and wanted chickens to breed and the babies you would fatten up to eventually consume ourselves?
It is nice to hear of people who dont compromise their ethics for money.

It is nice to hear of people who dont compromise their ethics for money.

I hope that wasn't in a negative way but also people on here could use their networking skills with others on here as to find shops that are reptile keeper friendly that will sell live rats or mice for humane purposes.

Would not have taken no for an answer , probably would have walked out and then walkesd back in , "hi id like those mice " when she said "what for " " my kids " " but you just told me your were ....... " " i lied gimme the mice " !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back