do u like birds???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukz13

Reaction score
so anybody have birds?? show your pics?? oh and do u know any good aussie bird sites??

love birds. the snakes are having them for dinner as i type. lol.

but i have some chickens and a budgie. sorry nothing interesting... :-( don't even have any pics...

Birds are the best. So much more personality than reptiles. A good site is smileybirds.com.au.Its a pretty good bird forum. Alos www. theparrotrescuecentre.com.au is great for information :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 Long Billed Corellas who are absolutely gorgeous. We rescued them from the RSPCA a few months ago, one whilstles and says a few words, the other one says "hello D^&khead" when my other half gets home.
I love big birds, especially parrots

I love birds, especially brunnettes with a good sense of humour & love their rock & metal \m/

......aw cmon, someone had to say it!

Yeah, birds are tops, have had many a parrot & cocky over the years, but currently sans feathered friends.

I love birds. I only have one pet bird now - a sun conure. But I have a few pics of wild birds to show you.
0542.jpg

P1040147.jpg

0862.jpg

025.jpg

085.jpg

P1030258.jpg

P1050563.jpg

131.jpg

P1060378.jpg

059.jpg

and my conure Sunny
Things101.jpg

Our Archie is a HUGE part of the family now. I never ever in a million years thought I would have a bird as a pet.. but one day at the pet shop I was buying some stuff for my snake and this little fella fell at my feet. He rn over to me and climbed up my jeans and t-shirt all the way to my shoulder and was chattering away playing with my ear and hair. I reserved him that day and bought him the next morning.. I was in LOVE!

When we came to pick him up, he was nowhere to be found and I freaked out that they had sold him by accident.. but a quick search of the store found him sitting on the dog food quite happily - apparently he was impossible to keep in his cage hahaha. We brought him home and he became part of the family quicker than you can imagine. Such a sweetheart, full of character and mischief. Amazing pet!

Some photos of the first day he came home:

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

Some more photos of him taken pretty recently.

IMG_3884.jpg

IMG_3885.jpg

IMG_3887.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

He loves a scratch and he will happily relieve himself on anything he can!

IMG_3893.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3895.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

awsome fotoz guys love the sun conures ay im looking into buying 1 now

I only like birds that eat other birds, Birds that feed on nectar and seeds are boring... they are also way too hard to photograph with cheap gear...

I only like birds that eat other birds, Birds that feed on nectar and seeds are boring... they are also way too hard to photograph with cheap gear...
So crows eating crows on the raod count?? nah just aplying .. birds of prey are amazing.. currently have a barn owl getting rehab at my place.. beautful bird!

heres a few of our cockateils. started with 2, now have 10, and they just wont stop laying eggs!!

Last edited:
yeah once those lil buggers get going they keep on going!

So crows eating crows on the raod count?? nah just aplying .. birds of prey are amazing.. currently have a barn owl getting rehab at my place.. beautful bird!

I like Crows (Ravans)... Many years ago whilst walking along a beach, I witnessed an amazing animal enclounter between a Ravan and a large Great Cormorant... I was watching the "shag" fly along the beach when a big black missle came a hundred miles and hour over the tree line, wings folded back raptor style and speard straight into the much larger Cormorant, both birds seperated on impact and fell to the ground, as we were quite close at this stage the Raven righted itself and flew off, as we walked past the Cormorant it was clear it wasn't going far and was looking at us beak open, making various noises and looked to have a broken wing. Then when we had walked past and down the beach further, the Raven had returned and was pulling the much larger and heavier screaming Cormorant up the beach into the bushes by it's wing..... You don't see that sort of thing every day....

Birds like these are good... I know a bloke that got attacked by a powerful owl when he shone his torch on it.... this fella was not pleased with me either.... a bit scary really.
powerful.jpg

Gizmo is my little fella. Bit of a bugger some times but on the whole a good bird. A lot noiser than my reptiles:evil:

Attachments

• Gizmo.jpg
    Gizmo.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 47
  • wet gizmo.jpg
    wet gizmo.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back