do u like birds???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Gizmo enjoys a bit of a bath too! Archie looooves the water

I Love Birds

I Love BIRDS. Girls of the Playboy Mansion is an awesome show. I'd post some pics but have'nt got any at work. Not sure on the link to the website though:lol:

Oh you meant Birds as in the winged variety. I have a cockatoo that's been stuffed. He was my pet for many many years. Harry was his name. He was the most fascinating animal I have ever known. Bought him from some Greek people in Altona Meadows in Victoria.

This thing could speak Greek (Yassu - Dekanis - scipsy glipsy). I tought him loads of things. The old lady next door at the old house was putting the washing out one day. Harry was sitting there and wolf whistled at her.

She told Harry to shut up. Harry told her to ???? Off. I guess I should'nt have taught him some things:oops:

I would love to have a Raptor as a pet. I looked after a Black Shouldered kyte once who had been winged by a car. The most beautiful creature.

MoJO my female green cheek conure
BILD0012.jpg

MaYa my female cinnamon green cheek conure
BILD0788.jpg

Aqua my male blue quaker
BILD0752.jpg

we have Superb Parrots,budgies,Mulga Parrots,Gouldian finches,4 diff types of lorikeets,Sulpher crested Cockatoo,Kakarikis,Red rumped Parrots,Cockatiel.....in all a total of......about 54 birds

I love birds.I own a 9 year old Alexandrine Parrot & he is a huge part of the family.Rather noisy though but u get use to it.He's such a character & he talks heaps as well.
Would one day love to own an African Grey parrot and some Owls :)

2 red tailed blacks a cocky 2 wa galahs half dozen cockerteils and working on a major mitchell

i hate birds but for some reason i will hold bigger parotts and them birds but i am very scared of budgies they freak me out

if you ahd the time or the experience i would be recomending maybe picking him up whilst he is still weaning

maybe at teh one spoon feed a day point helps the bonding process but dont attempt it if you have never had a bird before

i wouldn't reccomend people not to hand feed unless you have done so before or a breeder shows you how a few times then lets you feed while there watching. Its a myth that if you hand rear they bond better to you i hand reared my blue quaker and he hates me. I hand reared my MoJo and lucky enough she loves me. The more time you spend with the bird is what forms the bond, some birds like my quaker choose one person to love then won't allow others near him. Both my green cheek conures 1 i hand reared 1 i didn't both fight over my attention. Most breeders will not sell a unweaned bird well a very good breeder won't. The breeder i got MoJo from even allowed me to take her before paying him thats got to tell you something. The person who sold me my quaker doesn't hand rear and will sell to anyone willing to buy one. You have to be carefull as there are alot of scamers out there, I know for a fact Joy will not allow her birds to leave till there fully weaned. I brought birds off Joy before and i can tell you there very friendly the female sun conure i brought off her chewed through her box on the way home climbed up my shoulder and started cuddling and preening me. I no longer have my pair of sun conures as they were killed and eaten by a snake this was before i moved. We lived beside a vacant land back then. Joy is a very good breeder and spends a good amount of time handling and playing with her birds. Ash you will have no problems your green cheek conure will be a very friendly well adjusted bird.

Indian ringneck

A indian ringneck i have which has been hand raised

Attachments

• tree frog and indian ringneck 001.jpg
    tree frog and indian ringneck 001.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 28
Such a character

This is Prince he is a Princess parrot, he was hand raised by his breeder and we bought him a few months ago now...

Attachments

• 196.jpg
    196.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 27
  • 197.jpg
    197.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 29
my first red tailed black i hand reared from 5 week old the second was hand reared by someone else

the second hates me with a passion the first loves me too much

reckon wild birds are great, but cant handle them in cages. just don't think it is right to cage them up.

Watchful parent guarding the eggs

superb fairy wren (male)

superb fairy wren (female)

Eastern Spinebill

young Wood Duck

Which are the quieter/less exciteable parrots? Speaking from experience please (all parrots are considered loud by the general public)

I know all parrots chatter and whistle... but do they only do that lovely ear shattering schreech when they're upset? Any breeds that are known for being quieter/more laid back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back