Do you think its hungry???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just went downstairs and found one of my male King Browns literally eating himself. At the time I took the pic he had allready eaten close to 50cm of himself. :shock:

Is it silly if i ask why he would do that? :shock:

so what happened next? obviously ur lucky he aint have a housemate. so did you feed him after that?

What is that all about. Did he hurt himself with his fangs. A beautiful snake anyway.

Parko, obviously he was hungry. I made him let go and spit himself out. He was that intent on eating he immediately grabed himself again as he saw his tail wriggle in the cage. Who ever said snakes were smart :D

That's not a mulga ............... it's a HOOP SNAKE .... aaaarghh

haha, lol, that would of been quite a site. i wonder how far it may of gone if u hadn't interveined.

I have seen snakes on many occassions biting themselves as they move while in feed mode, but this is the first time I actually found one finishing the job off. Normally they realise they are biting themselves after a minute or two and then let go. This Kingy wasn't quite that smart, or he thought he tasted good.

I hope you have fed him since you took the picture.

Cheers,
Wombat.

He was only feed 3 days ago, the little pig. He can wait another 4 days.

bigguy said:
He was only feed 3 days ago, the little pig. He can wait another 4 days.

Fair enough. I thought today must have been his normal feed day based on your original post. :lol:

Cheers,
Wombat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back