Dodgy Pinky Rats?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Trent, that's a huge big bulge in the belly now! :) I love that third to last pic, he/she is looking up at you asking for more! Sweet! Happy ending for all concerned! :)

Best,
Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn, the last lot of pics with the better lighting in Snappy, the female. She is currently chilling around the rim of the water bowl, her bulge is about 4 times the diameter of her head, I hope the food isn't too big for her, lol.

Good big feeds...they will power ahead now

Awesome. I will be truely content when all 3 are eating.

The male that we've had the longest has put on tons of girth and length since we got him. He was about as thin as a pencil :D

Just keep an eye on how many days it takes for the bulge to dissipate (go back to normal) - admittedly, she may not want a feed next week! ;) Just see how you go, keep us posted!

Best,
Carolyn

Just keep an eye on how many days it takes for the bulge to dissipate (go back to normal) - admittedly, she may not want a feed next week! ;) Just see how you go, keep us posted!

Best,
Carolyn

How long should I be looking at? She seems to take about two days longer to digest completely compared to the male. If she isn't hungry in 7 days I'll bump her up to ten :)

"Generally", a bulge should last three days or so before it's hardly noticeable in a young snake...

Just for the record, they don't gas pinkies. As a survival tool they can survive on next to zero O2. In case the Mum buries them too deep. The accepted method (for pinkies only) is into the fridge (chilling) until they die of hypothermia, and then to the freezer. Freezing directly is inhumane due to the extremities being the first to freeze, while the pinkie is still alive.

Just for the record, they don't gas pinkies. As a survival tool they can survive on next to zero O2. In case the Mum buries them too deep. The accepted method (for pinkies only) is into the fridge (chilling) until they die of hypothermia, and then to the freezer. Freezing directly is inhumane due to the extremities being the first to freeze, while the pinkie is still alive.

Right. At what age do they start to gas them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back