Does anyone not drink?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
. Don't miss it, still have great fun when I go out....ask the people I spent time with on my recent Adelaide trip...Dipcdame for one... :)

.......Yeah, Dipcdame is still trying to get over the whirlwind that hit at that time............. Dipcdame is too TIRED to drink now!!!! LOL....... welllll....... sometimes anyway heh heh hic!

Just incase anyone is interested i put my big girl panties on last night and had a big night out on the town. I feel so sick for it now.

Just incase anyone is interested i put my big girl panties on last night and had a big night out on the town. I feel so sick for it now.

Serves you right xD

In reply to the original post, my dad used to be an alcoholic and hasn't even looked at a drink in 20 years. Mum said she'd leave if he kept drinking, he stopped as soon as she said that and never looked back.

If you're gonna drink you shouldn't do it in such large quantities, when (if you already haven't) you've settled down with a family and stuff you're not going to want liver cancer or something. Think about how it's gonna affect your future.

Yeah second that, those low carb beers taste like dog balls.
:shock:

not gonna ask.

I rarely drink Gordo, spent too much time on tour drinking the rider dry, and then sitting in a van between towns for the next gig feeling like hell.

But it is cool every few months or so to come home with a sixer of Coronas, a couple of limes- put the angel to bed early and hang out with my wife outside, drinking slowly and chatting til the morning. I kinda appreciate it more when drinking is more than just a token gesture- or drinking for the sake of it. but damn mate, it has gotta be hard staying dry in Darwin. But then again, I hear there are other liquids that one can drink.

it has never felt like losing a buddy- more like appreciating a drink and choosing proper moments to enjoy it without the guilt or hangover. And my waist line (and therefore my wife) isnt complaining.

Is there anyone here that doesn't drink alcohol?

If there is i need some advice. One weekend about a month ago i decided to just have a break and not have any beers. Since then i haven't drunk any grog at all. I still go out to town with all my mates, to the pub, fishing and to sports events and have a pretty good time but i have no desire to drink, like i just don't feel like it. I really used to enjoy drinking and i'm worried that i might not drink again.

So if you don't drink can you tell me why you don't drink and if you have ever gone a long period without drinking can you tell me why you stopped and why you started again.

Im only 20 and 2 years ago i was told i couldnt drink again due to bladder and kidney problems. I have never really had the urge to drink. I think health is a lot more important :)

All my friends go out and drink and im usually deso driver and end up having a good laugh at their stupidity. :lol:

Alcoholism runs in the family for me. On the males side. Lived with it all my life. Luckily, I am not an alcoholic, I just have to put up with one every day of my life.

I just got back from schoolies. We didn't drink that much.

O wait, yes we did. I lied.

Ontop of those coronas, we went through several bottles of black label, jimmy, and jagerbombs were also a big hit. Baileys and midori for the quick fks and lemon and salt with tequila for the women. Not to mention all the cruisers they drank.

Not to mention.. Morning/Arvo/Night cones anyone?

Attachments

• Corona Pile.jpg
    Corona Pile.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Corona Wall.jpg
    Corona Wall.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Alcoholism runs in the family for me. On the males side. Lived with it all my life. Luckily, I am not an alcoholic, I just have to put up with one every day of my life.

I just got back from schoolies. We didn't drink that much.

O wait, yes we did. I lied.

Ontop of those coronas, we went through several bottles of black label, jimmy, and jagerbombs were also a big hit. Baileys and midori for the quick fks and lemon and salt with tequila for the women. Not to mention all the cruisers they drank.

Not to mention.. Morning/Arvo/Night cones anyone?

yikes, im feeling hungover just looking at those pix!!
im such a light weight ahahaha!!

Coronas taste like bum. Oh man my head is pounding... and i'm going shooting tonight. This is gonna get worse.

Coronas taste like bum.

Amen to that. I have it in the 'Undrinkable' category. It comes as no surprise that it is imported by Carlton Utd, purveyors of the worst beers imaginable;
- VB
- Crown Lager
- Fosters
- Stella
- MB
- Carlton Draught (not their worst effort though....)

As for undrinkable, I thought Singha and Tiger Pi$$ (it's actually extracted from the urine of Tigers. True story.), but the worst Ive ever had was Waikato Draught.... it makes VB seem almost, almost, palatable....

VB is great! lol naysayers
if im in a spirit drinking period whenever i have a beer it tastes so bad i have to force it down and it does nothing for me. i have to have a total alcohol hiatus to drink beer even though its what i cut my teeth on and have drunk the most of.

Yeah second that, those low carb beers taste like dog balls.
LMAO, another funny thread W...I love the low carb beers that's all I drink. Don't drink that Pure Blonde crap, that does taste like cat p i s s not dogs balls...never tasted them! Drink Hahn Super Dry its a great beer, doesn't give you a hang over and doesn't give you a beer gut...I still have my six pack....or maybe a four pack now as I am a bit older than before and not exercising as much...lol
Drink Hahn and beer will be your mate again!!!! and you'll wonder why you ever left!

my problem with alcohol had also a lot to do with peer pressure. worked in the city in an office most of my life and everyone there drank, and drank hard. liquid lunches werent uncommon, 2 or 4 schooners in an hour at lunch then go back to work then friday nites you would spend most of your pay and if you didnt drink then you were a nigel...

lol this is a funny thread.. i personally have never had a drink in my life.. never felt the need.. I was a manager of a bottle shop up until mid this year but still never felt like having anything.. bought heaps for family friends and girlfriends!!

josh

Ugh, me too. Had our work Xmas party last night and started on champagne then moved on to sangria and staggered home at about 3.30. Was so sick all morning but had to go in to work. Hid in my office all day with the door shut wanting to die. :?

I rarely drink (maybe 2 drinks a fortnight) so when I do have a big one, it hits me really hard. My husband kept teasing me and saying that I needed to practise more then I wouldn't be such a wuss! He drinks most days (too much IMO) but NEVER gets a hangover like me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back