Does anyone not drink?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had a drink for years. I started drinking with my mates at the age of 15 and it became a regular weekend thing.
I stopped drinking for a variety of reasons.
I was the oldest of all my mates so I was the first one to drive. I was usually designated driver so I would only drink of we were local.

After a few years of working behind the bar, and then security I stopped drinking completely. I found the patrons I had most issues with were the drunk ones lol.

I dont miss it and I'm proud of my choice. I'm the guy at the pub on a Friday nite with mates from the office drinking softdrink lol

I don't miss the hangovers and being sick either

The way I see it is there is too much peer pressure in the world. If you don't want to drink, simply, don't drink. It helps when your peers hate the taste of alchohol :D although, i must admitt, I have had a sip of a cruiser once, literally like 10mls it was nice, but i don't really wanna get drunk at 15, i'm saving that honour till i'm of legal age. Plus I don't wanna get convicted of underage drinking.

:shock:NOOOOOOOOOOO.... don't ask Dipcdame........... she's still getting over it, and that's 3 months later!!!!!!!!!! She's a bloomin wreck still!!!! LOL (more cause I miss one of me best mates, since she went back to WA!!);) Heaven knows what I'd have been like if we'd partied WITH alcohol, Annie!!!!!!!! LOL

Alcohol dehydrogenase, or a lack of it in my liver, is what stops me from drinking. It's a genetic thing. Without alcohol dehydrogenase, my liver can't break down any alcohol I drink and therefore I become violently ill and projectile vomit. That's why I don't drink. Not because I don't want to, but because my body won't allow it.
I used to hate myself for it because all my friends would be out having fun and getting maggoted, and I would ALWAYS be made designated driver or just be getting really bored, or both - but now I think it's fine and my liver is happy about it too :)
I wouldn't feel bad about not wanting to drink. I think it will be better for you in the long run healthwise. Besides, you can always have one or two if you feel like it. It's not like you can't do it at all right? Consider yourself lucky that you have the choice :D

I used to drink myself to oblivion......I honestly don't know how many times I wrote myself off - it got to the stage I never suffered hangovers anymore - at all. I'd go for days without sleep. Now I don't drink. I might have the very occasional few sips of hubbies beer but that's it. He's bought me bottles of wine over the last few months & I might drink about a 3rd or half of it over a few days before it gets thrown out. I just don't have the desire to drink anymore - at all. I'm over it. I don't feel bad or left out for not drinking. Now if I do have something to drink (more than a few sips of beer) I get the most crippling stomach pains. I actually enjoy not drinking - I feel healthy & good about it. But that's just me. You don't need alcohol to have a good time - it's the company you have that does it!!

When I was a teenager and in my early 20s I was the usual borderline alcoholic binge drinker and fairly frequent consumer of weed, but then I settled down, had a daughter, and the priorities changed. I still drink, but a couple once or twice a week does me nicely for a night, usually Jim Beam or Southern Comfort and diet Coke, or if it's a stinking hot day then one icey cold beer or cider... but as soon as you can actually taste beer it's crap. For my money if you're over 30 and have to drink alcohol or smoke hooch on a daily basis it might just be time to grow up, but your mileage may vary. ;-)

LMAO, another funny thread W...I love the low carb beers that's all I drink. Don't drink that Pure Blonde crap, that does taste like cat p i s s not dogs balls...never tasted them! Drink Hahn Super Dry its a great beer, doesn't give you a hang over and doesn't give you a beer gut...I still have my six pack....or maybe a four pack now as I am a bit older than before and not exercising as much...lol
Drink Hahn and beer will be your mate again!!!! and you'll wonder why you ever left!

Na'ah! I was on the hahn supeer dries last night (cause i don't want to getmy beer gut back) and i have felt rotten with a pounding headache all day.

Ugh, me too. Had our work Xmas party last night and started on champagne then moved on to sangria and staggered home at about 3.30. Was so sick all morning but had to go in to work. Hid in my office all day with the door shut wanting to die. :?

I rarely drink (maybe 2 drinks a fortnight) so when I do have a big one, it hits me really hard. My husband kept teasing me and saying that I needed to practise more then I wouldn't be such a wuss! He drinks most days (too much IMO) but NEVER gets a hangover like me!

Today was my last day at my current job and i had alot of work that i wanted to do with some of my colleagues... none of it happened, i just hope they thoguht i was fizzed out from a hard year of work :lol:

I drink heaps. Not often on work days but i have 6 days off make up for it. I'd like to not drink so much for my waistline but it seems to interupt my social time if i don't. I did give it up for a while years ago, just to make sure I wasn't an alcoholic. I got the wildest headaches which I put down to caffeine, as i didn't drink coke without rum.

How can you wear a dress without grog??????????
Good luck with it anyway.
Nothing worse than being sober in a room full of drunks.

Na'ah! I was on the hahn supeer dries last night (cause i don't want to getmy beer gut back) and i have felt rotten with a pounding headache all day.
Sorry bud, that's all the advice I can give you. Are you leaving the Teaching job, for what?
A pilar of Society that I have seen on this site blossom into a fine young man....and I had one of his classic quotes... as my Sig, removed from my name....as it was offensive to the kiddies (according to mods) after all this time....HE teaches not for much longer, he's not drinking, wearing woman's clothes more frequently "than normal", what's happening man?
You have lost it.....
The tropics are having it's toll..get back on the wagon OR hook up with jay84 the campist herp guy on this site, you'll guys be a good match... OR get back on the p i s s...the descision is yours!!!:lol:

Last edited:
Funny you should say that ''Southside Morelia'' !! Gordo is moving in with me in Melbourne....... and now i am going to be his 'Teacher' hahahaha

Sorry bud, that's all the advice I can give you. Are you leaving the Teaching job, for what?
A pilar of Society that I have seen on this site blossom into a fine young man....and I had one of his classic quotes of his...my Sig removed from my name....quote of his and offensive to the kiddies obviously (according to mods) after all this time....HE teaches not for much longer, he's not drinking, wearing woman's clothes more frequently "than normal", what's happening man?
You have lost it.....
The tropics are having it's toll..get back on the wagon OR hook up with jay84 the campist herp guy on this site, you'll guys be a good match... OR get back on the p i s s...the descision is yours!!!:lol:

Hahahaha! You'll have to PM me the quote, i've made so many comments that could fill that description!

More of a sidewards step than i change of career. My current job was office based and i would travel to remote communities during the week to teach the darling kids about the big bang and evolution. Now i've changed to school based conditions and i'll be in the classroom full time in a little community called Gunbalanya in West Arnhem Land. They've given me a yr 1/2 class and get this, the class is called Dadbe which is their word for mulga! OH YEAH! lol

Funny you should say that ''Southside Morelia'' !! Gordo is moving in with me in Melbourne....... and now i am going to be his 'Teacher' hahahaha

Hahahaha you are such a resourceful chap Jay! Lol i heart you Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back