Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levold

Reaction score
gegubuzu.jpg
8avunyze.jpg

She is around 7.5 feet and about 6.5kg getting on 7 years of age.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

My vet told me that they should never be wider than they are tall, if you get what I mean. He said if they're a perfectly round cylinder shape then chances are they are getting on the bigger side. :)

And when he said tall he didn't mean the 6ft height, when they're on the ground and they're body is a couple of inches tall off the ground.

Last edited:
Sorry to derail on your first reply but let me say two things,

1. She is gorgeous!
2. Where did you get her from because I want!!!

Edit: second reply. :oops:

I will say it yes she does particularly in the 1st. and 3rd. photos...one give away sign to a BHP"s condition (like a lot of wildlife ) is the taper or "lack of it" just forward of the tail and this one has "very little taper" so IMO she is very forward in condition and a prime candidate for a crook liver....solar 17

If she's fat, I'll gladly be a chubby chaser;) She's gorgeous!!

Though going from that last pic, she could do with losing a little weight, as far as I know she should taper nicely all the way to the end, but you can clearly see where her body ends and her tail begins.

Yes , particularly for this time of the year. Do you feed her the same in winter as summer? Now that it is mature I'd probably feed it say a 500gram rabbit a month from say October to March and give its digestive system a rest for the rest of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great topic for a thread
Would the 'tail taper' and 'not perfectly round' theories apply to most pythons? I keep Morelia and often wondered how to tell

The 1st pic was just after she ate. And the 2nd is the latest. She should poop any day. The last is an intermediate stage..
She was from amazing amazon in glen Waverly.
And she stopped eating last year from mid April till mid august. (Only ate a small rat in that time)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

She is absolutely stunning! In regards her weight, it does seem a tad much. I have an adult darwin carpet at the same length and whilst he's very muscular and solid he's still only around the 3.5kg mark.

Just feed less often, and possibly try switching to rabbits as they are much leaner than adult rats as well (say one small rabbit every month or two).

Great topic for a thread
Would the 'tail taper' and 'not perfectly round' theories apply to most pythons? I keep Morelia and often wondered how to tell

I've been told that for Morelia, the easiest one is if they have that defined line down their spine, then they're ok. Maybe someone could clarify if this also applies to Aspidites...?

I've been told that for Morelia, the easiest one is if they have that defined line down their spine, then they're ok. Maybe someone could clarify if this also applies to Aspidites...?
i know with womas they should be higher than they are round and if their round in the tail region than they could do with slightly less food (unless theres a poo coming) this was advice yommy gave somewhere on here so if you mean the line is sort of a dent where the muscle raises either side of the spine than no womas don't really have it they've got a totally different body shape to morelia :)

If you excercise her daily like letting her run on the grass, make a jungle gym for her, etc she should be fine ;) Also just add an extra day or two longer when feeding if you think she is a bit chubby. That could help. Say if you are feeding every 2 weeks now, try every 2 weeks and 2 days? (Just an example!)
To me, she looks brilliant! She'll lose all that winter weight now that it is summer and you can take her outside more often ;)
I would be very happy with her (And I'm sure you are too!)

looks a little on the chubby side absolutley Gorgeous Black headed by the way :)

IMO i would say yes also..at 7years old i would think 2 medium rats every 3weeks would be sufficent..Awesome looking girl also...Ive seen some devasting results of overweight captive snakes...

She's not fat; she's voluptuous. In the 15th Century, Rubens would have been painting her naked, lying amongst red velvet cushions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back