Dog mauled my cat.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bugsy , sorry to hear mate , you had that cat for a long time ....

There are some idiot owners out there , some clown took his dog for a walk into my old mans back yard ( its a huge yard ) and the dog killed all of the old mans chooks , not even a sorry from the bloke either .......

Thanks for the nice comments guys...I agree with you Jordo, im not happy bout the dog being put down...The owner wont fix the fence properly, so theres not really anything else that can be done. People like that shouldnt be allowed to keep dogs such as a pitbull with alot of size, strength and energy...The pitbull was probably just playing and didnt realise it was causing so much damage. It wouldnt have happened if the dog had a responsible owner. Its all over and done now though, just wish there was something else i could do to teach the owner a lesson.

I am very sorry for your loss bugsy. I really feel for you :(.

I am currently having a similar problem with my neighbours dog. Last weekend it came over and somehow got into our chicken pen through an electric fence and killed one of our show chickens. It has bailed up my husband on numerous occasions has chased our horses round and round until they are nuts. I have seen it running off after pretty face wallabies. So we got in contact with our local council and at the moment they are making it the neighbours responsibility to keep the dog in, but we are lucky as they have decided to give it away. But once a dog gets the taste of blood there is really no hope for it. Once again I feel for your loss.

are you all kidding?? the dog broke in to the cats yard and killed it. end of story. the cat cant be blamed in anyway.its all speculation as to if the cat ever went in the dogs yard. id say it wouldnt of as it would of known how savage this dog was. just to clear it up i have two english staffys in my back yard and four persian cats in my house.so im not bias in anyway to either cats or dogs. this savage dog should be put down and the owner fined, asthey were warned about this dog. alsoalot of councils require pitbulls (american staffys) to be kept in a locked wire enclosure, not just a yard.

im very sorry for your loss bugsy

Last edited:
the fact is the pussy was in its on back yard get over it snowman :rolleyes:

Meh, whatever.
You post on here and you get peoples opinons, and ya got mine...

Have to agree with Mid.. surely the cat has been jumping in his yard, walking on top of the fence and infuriation the stupid dog.... Not like he's just going to rip through a fence and go "wow there's a cat to maul"... He knew what he was going to find... how slow was the cat in this situation or rather how fast was the dog!

ahhh smell buddy....smell....

It's a shame that some people think it's the cats fault for a dog breaking through the fence and killing it.. By those peoples theory i should be allowed to jump their fence and smack them in the head cause i seen them at the fence and because of all the destruction people cause to wildlife.

Bugsy i'd be checking with your local council regarding their stance on dogs they deem "dangerous breeds" (especially if this owner gets another) because in my area the council require all breeds they deem "dangerous" (which includes pitbulls) to be desexed, kept in a fully enclosed area (Not just a fence a roof too) and to be muzzled any time it is out of the enclosed area. If they have these similar rules in place they could be in some trouble.

not as messed up as this! http://www.abc.net.au/rn/science/ockham/stories/s64308.htm

Cats are a problem. Cats share with mankind the dubious distinction of killing for fun. Cats hunt by instinct. In Australia, cats are known to feed on more than 347 native species: that's 186 species of birds, 64 mammals, 86 reptiles, at least 10 amphibians and numerous invertebrates. We know that feral cats are a problem but there is little point in targeting feral cats and leaving domestic cats uncontrolled. A domestic cat will hunt and kill no matter how well fed it is. One study estimated that on average each pet cat kills 32 vertebrates each year. It is estimated that there are 3-million pet cats in Australia. This adds up to a total of 96-million birds, mammals and reptiles killed each year by domestic cats alone.

YAADA YAADA YAADA YAADA................ (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN) Geez, this gets SOOOOOOOOOOO damned repetitive every time it comes down to cats and dogs. I generally try to keep out of cat threads now, cause I'm sick and tired of hearing the SAME old things every time, c'mon, get original, try saying something that hasn't already been said so many many many many etc etc times before.
In short, change the record will ya?? I'ts getting Ssooooooooooo boring hearing the same drivel every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back