Eastern water dragon and central bearded dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch_hynes

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Can you keep eastern water dragons with central bearded dragons?? I do know water dragons get a quite bit larger then the bearded dragon but is it possible to house them together??

I've seen them housed together in reptile parks. You just need a really big set up. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you have time to keep a really good eye on them and see ho0w they react to one another.

Well they are kind of different to keep in the first place but it can be done and really I advise you not to bother. Nothing good will come of it. That's not to say you will have problems I just mean either your gonna get a bad outcome or no benefit at all except one less enclosure. Stick to single species for most herps IMO.

you need a massive out door enclosure for the water dragons so yes you could keep both of them in the enclosure, but there are certainly no benefits from doing it so i wouldn't bother.

As they come from different habitats/climates it is not really a good idea, as an alternative Eastern Bearded Dragons and EWD seem to go well together in outdoor pits.

How big of an enclosure would I need for a couple of bearded dragons

As Mr Josh said, centrals not so well but Eastern beardies for sure. As long as you have a large enough pit / enclosure you can keept EBD, EWD, blueys and even turtles all together.

Make sure it's a big pit or whatever with at least one large water source like a pond or you can buy plastic ponds from buntings which can be put in the ground. And cover, multiple hides, branches decor etc etc. lots of space to get away from one another like the wild.

Eastern water dragons and centralian bearded dragons require different environments conditions and should not be kept together.

Okay, I'm going to put my two cents' worth in, take it or leave it you youngens....

Firstly, Bearded Dragons are ARID creatures, requiring DRY environments... Water Dragons are "tropical" creatures, requiring TROPICAL environments... I know you've said you've "figured this out already", fantastic!

Secondly, DO NOT house Bearded Dragons TOGETHER... They WILL fight, you WILL have missing toes, tail-tips etc, you WILL have at least one animal constantly stressed, end result you WILL have one die... Is it worth it?

There are SO many threads on this forum already stating this, do what others before you have done, and look 'em up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back