Eastern Water Dragon Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TurismoZX

Reaction score
G'day i have build an outdoor enclosure for my turtles and EWD to live together the length is 3.5m x 2.3m surrounding the enclosure is a 940mm high colorbond fence with 200mm deep concrete running the whole length of the fences no gaps or anything im worrying about, BUT the catch is there is a massive cocoa palm in the centre.. Im not sure what i could use to stop him climbing it and getting out. There is already plenty of climbing logs and hiding places for him to have fun. If anyone could give me an idea that would be great thanks alot! :)

mate is there any chance of making your enclosure enclosed like an avairy,will give u piece of mind that they cant get out,they are good jumpers,good climbers to,if u have wood framing inside your cage to hold the walls up they are also quite capable of running up that,especially females,if the tree is high theres every chance they will climb it,perhaps u could put something around the trunk to stop them climbing it,eg about 2 foot or so from the ground level,wrap some shet metal around the trunk say 18 inches or more that way its out of reach of jumping height and gives no purchase for them to climb past

When I went to Hawaii, the big palms around the resorts all had about 10" strips of metal sheeting wrapped around about half way up the trees - when we asked it was to stop mice climbing the palms and nesting in the tops of them. Would this work for your EWD?

I thought of making it totally enclosed like an aviary but im in tafe with no job my dad is still supporting me so ive already spent quite a bit in materials for the fence.. But yeah the sheet metal idea sounds great! Im going to go and grind it all up now! :) cheers mate.

When I went to Hawaii, the big palms around the resorts all had about 10" strips of metal sheeting wrapped around about half way up the trees - when we asked it was to stop mice climbing the palms and nesting in the tops of them. Would this work for your EWD?

Yeah it will! :) cheers guys.. i cant believe i didn't think of that! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back