Eastern Water Dragon Information (I'm after some)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhatcliffe

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I recently had some contact with an Eastern Water Dragon, I found him half dead in my sons swimming pool (Just a Juvie), so i put together a wee enclosure for him and nursed him back to health. I released him today and found i had become quite attached to him so im thinking maybe aquiring myself one or two, and i'm just after some husbandry tips and tricks from experienced owners. Some info like are they better alone or in Pairs, the appropriate size of enclosures for 1 or 2 adults. I'm already aware that most of the time they are housed in outdoor enclosures with ponds, basking spots, climbing vines, and something around the edge so they cant rub there noses. Really any information for a beginner with EWD's (Though not a beginner with reptiles. I have had beardies, bluetongues, snakes, turtles) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Anyone??

Surely there is some EWD enthusiasts out there??

Last edited:
Hello,

That is so wonderful you were able to release the eastern water dragon back out into the wild. He wont your
heart then?
I have not had the gift of keeping an eastern water dragon, but would love to. They are absolutely beautiful.
I am in the US so it is more limited.
I would personally house them separate if you purchase more than one, as they get relatively large & really do
need their space. I would say the tank size should be at least 6 feet in length, 2 feet in width & 2-3 feet in
height. They love rocks & branches so setting that up & securing them well would be great for them for all of
the climbing they like to do.
Of course, if you have them in a large enclosure outside, then it makes it easier to house them together with
more space.

I hope that helps out.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back