Eastern water dragon outdoor enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 16324

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was pondering over whether or not I would put my EWD outside into a permanent outdoor enclosure with a large pond, plenty of basking spots and hides and maybe some fish/turtles or another EWD.
I just have a few questions about doing this.
Is there a certain age or size I should wait until I put him outside?
I am in the Adelaide hills SA, would i need to provide any heat over winter like possibly a heated hide of some sort?

I just thought this way its about as 'naturalistic' as it could get for him. Would love to see how it would go.

Cheers.

Just make sure its got angood lid on it or very climb proof sides. We have wild ones that leap into (and out of) the open pits and chill out with the turtles, the sides on that are a good metre tall but it doesnt phase them.

cheers. was planning on making an aviary style enclosure with half of the roof shaded and the other not. that way if he gets too hot he can move into a cooler position. i was thinking the bottom half meter to be corrugated iron to try and stop him climbing too much and also to make sure no unwanted guests can enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back