Eeyo From the Netherlands

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy

Reaction score
Eeyo to all you herploving people,

I'm Domaes ( but call me Tom , as all my American and Australian friends do )
As you prolly all read , i'm from the Netherlands.
I'm a reasonably experienced herpkeeper but a newbie to Aussie Pythons , although my heart truely lies there.

I bought my first (hatchling) couple of Antaresia Maculosa just four days ago.
They are the reason i registered to this forum ( but i'm sure there's plenty reason to be here anyhow :p

At this moment i really don't know what more to tell you guys about me.
i think that'll all pass by at the forums anyways :wink:

So till on the Forums !!

Greetz, Tom

Thanks Rob for your welcome 8)

6 years ago i started out ( as most people in Europe do ) with Ratsnakes
At the moment i have 6 females with a different genetic makeup ( also hybrids btw. )
1.5 years ago i got a couple of brown rainbow boa's from a mate of mine who also breeds ratsnakes. I took those snakes in more or less to get a little feel for ambush using snakes like boids and pyhons.

So to sum things up for ya :

2.6 Panterophis Gutattus ( various genetic strains )
1.1 Cenchria Maurus
1.1 Antaresia Maculosa

Hi Tom and welcome to the site. Is always good to have new members from far away exciting places with "exotic" snakes... Can you post some pics of your reptiles for us all??? Am sure all of your questions regarding Australian snakes will be answered here, most of the members are very helpful :wink:
Cheers. Jessop

Welcome aboard, Tom!
Make sure you check some of the other threads for some great pics of our native herps!

Thanks ever so much for the warm welcome guys.
Gonna be hard to post some pic's since i'm an oldfashioned fotographer but as soon as i get some quality pic's on my pc i'll post em asap.

To Jessop: i already found out the members are very helpfull indeed just registered yesterday and posted some and already have lot's of usefull reply's

Yep that's how ya spell it (just ditch the i in it ) it's like goedemorgen or more common tongue goeiemorgen :p but i'm impressed Simone !!

howcome you know a bit of Dutch ?

One of my best friends lives in Belgium ( Olmen to be exact ) and after hearing it spoken for the time i was there i can speak a few words, can hardly spell it but i can understand almost every word when its spoken- it really isn't that different to English. I had a huge night out last night so Ik ben zeek. Does that make any sense Dutchy??????????????? Ummmm and another thing i had fun shopping in and saying was schoenenwinkel???? is that how you shoestore in dutch??????? Or do you say that you speak Nederlands?
Welcome to the site anyway Dutchy!

Simone.

Damn more dutchies on board the Aussiepythons bandwagon. Welkom op deze site, kijk vooral in de oude forums als je wat wilt weten over het kweken en houden van Australische slangen. Op het moment is het bij ons kweekseizoen en er zijn al heel wat slangen zwanger.

Groeten

insectovor

Haha, so you're having a hangover eh Simone ? that's making ya feel ziek :p and about the shoestore , yeah it's just that.

Nice to not be the only one Dutchman on this Forum Insectovor. Can you point me in the right direction concerning the 'old forums' you were talking about ? I'd love to take a look at those hatchies of yours.

Groetjes , Tom ( Domaes dus :p )

Yes Dutchy, just a minor one, i'll be pm'ing you when i need help practising how to speak it. When i return to Belgium i am aiming to speak it fluently enough that people won't be trying to speak english to me.

Simone.

peterjohnson64 said:
Dont they have albino BHP is the Netherlands? Welcome mate.

Yeah, Piet Nuyten bred it, guess that makes it a WHP!
It's look is definitely an acquired taste, still, I wouldn't mind it in my collection! :lol:

Yeah, Piet Nuyten bred it, guess that makes it a WHP!
It's look is definitely an acquired taste, still, I wouldn't mind it in my collection!

Piet Nuyten breads them indeed. If i'm not mistaken he's the first one in the Netherlands ( not sure on Europe )
Very cool to see international name for mr Nuyten :p

To Simone : you're welcome to pm me or add me to msn even to practice Dutch a bit for your trip to Belgium ^__^
Sofar you're repertoire of Dutch words is impressive specially the understanding of usage in sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back