egg hasnt dimpled,....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
So im waiting for my amyae egg to hatch,...the last pair hatched in 73 days at 28.2C, and had started deflating 8 days earlier,...

this one is at day 74 and hasnt deflated one bit!!!

do they always deflate before hatching? (meaning this one could potentially hatch as much as 8 days, probably more,.. later,..?)
it seems like a big time difference,...

i candled the egg yesterday and it looks almost full with a couple of mm of breathing room at the top,...but no longer has visible veins,..

looks perfect from the outside and doesnt smell,...

im still kinda new to this,...any comments appreciated! :)

Thanks, Chris.

ps. its a really big egg,..do they take longer to cook?

I think i have only ever had one dimple slightly before hatching. I wouldn't be worried. I say you will have a beautiful little amyae in the next couple of days. Here is a picture of mine due in a couple of days also. Firm, round. I have also only ever had one sweat before hatching.

Attachments

• IMG_4706.jpg
    IMG_4706.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 47
None of my geckos eggs dimple or deflate , they are always very firm prior to hatching.

well, lucky i didn't know that earlier or i would have panicked at the dimpling, lol,...

thanks for the replies, feeling much happier!

Chris. :)

well, yesterday it got its first small dimple, just checked on it and its split and a head is making its way out!!!! :)

yippppeeeeeee!!!! :)

bout bloody time too,....!! :p :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back