Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragondragon

Reaction score
Found this bad boy down the street.What should i put in there would it be big enough for one water dragon. Thanks for the help it came with glass so im thinking of making it have a tank on the bottom with some type of filter thinking canister but i might try to make some kind of overflow filter.

No, thats not big enough for a adult water dragon (minimum for them: 2700x750) you might be able to try a juvenile in there. I would put in a pair of beardies, blue tongues, shingle backs, stuff like that or maybe a BHP or Woma.
Just my suggestion :)

Are you sure where you getting your information nsw cage sizes tell me other wise its to high for a bhp or a woma

Im not sure about NSW but it should be alright for a bhp or woma if you pile the substrate 10-20cm high. What about beardies, bluetongues or shinglebacks. If you dont want a BHP or woma you could try something like an Antaresia?

Im not sure about NSW but it should be alright for a bhp or woma if you pile the substrate 10-20cm high. What about beardies, bluetongues or shinglebacks. If you dont want a BHP or woma you could try something like an Antaresia?

The python species you mention are all arboreal, and there is a possibility they can injure themselves while attempting to climb as they have not really evolved to be successful at it IMO. They also may not use the upper section at all (my woma just refuses to climb) so that would leave a heap of wasted space.

Dragondragon, with that size you could keep a carpet snake in there (if a snake is the way you wanted to go). I have never had water dragons but if the NSW code of practice says that there is enough space then I do not see any reason to argue. Maybe Google species you are into and then punch some figures into the spread sheet saximus made when the code was released.
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...op-spreadsheet-final-version-finished-205801/

good luck with it.

Remember that you need enough water volume for the dragon to fully submerge itself.
You won't be able to keep it in there through adulthood, they are very active and like room to move.

My enclosure is 900x900x1200 high, and even this will only house them up until 2 or so years old before they get moved to an outdoor enclosure.
In saying this, I have 3 x 9 month olds.
Your enclosure should be able to house 1 EWD up until about the same age before it outgrows it.

Perfect for a juvenile water dragon up to two years atleast or even a frill neck lizard & would house an adult... Frill necks are awesome & are very switched on showing lots of personality!!!

What size would you suggest for a single adult im not planning on getting another just the one and im not sure an outdoor pit is going to work as my backyard doesnt get enough sun

The python species you mention are all arboreal, and there is a possibility they can injure themselves while attempting to climb as they have not really evolved to be successful at it IMO. They also may not use the upper section at all (my woma just refuses to climb) so that would leave a heap of wasted space.
Oops, sorry dragon dragon I didn't realise it had two sections. my bad :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back