Energy saver lighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firedrake

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these lights put out as much heat as a normal globe? All the shops around here mostly stock the 'Mirabella'(?) brand energy saving lights, and they have halogens that I was thinking of trying out but I have a feeling they might not put out much heat, a bit like those spiral ones. Anyone tried them? Other than 275W heat lamps and a few Phillips spot lights, there's not alot to choose from.

I use the Mirrabella reflector lamps.
It was actually a government initiative to phase out the old style light globes and most supermarkets now only stock about 95% energy savers so the older ones can sometimes be a little harder to find as they're hidden amongst all the others.

Thanks, are they any good Elapidae1? I also know some globes can't be put on a dimmer, so if I have a dimming thermo would that be the same rule?

Yeah I get the same life out of them as I would the more expensive reptile brands, I think they're about $4 for a pack of two down here in Perth. As they're a white globe you will need a timer to create a day/night cycle.
Im not sure about dimming thermos I thought they were OK with globes, I'm using hardwired thermos for the enclosures I run with globes.

What reps do you use them for? I need them for stripe-tailed pygmies and I don't know how hot they would get.

I use 28w frosted mirabella reflector globes that they say are equivalent to 40w normal globes. They give me a basking spot of about 31-33 deg about 25 cm away. I find them good, not much of a saving in wattage but when thats all you can get they are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back