EOI Reptile Expo 2010 SE Qld

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in if I can be of some help. My publisher regularly sponsors events like this so pm me if you are interested.
It would certainly be of use speaking to the organisers of the QLD Pet and Hobby EXPO - they have reptiles being displayed AND have goods for sale by commercial companies. It can be done, you just need to find out their loophole.

Last edited:
Coz
This will not be the first reptile expo in Qld. ,some of you may remember prior to reptiles being made available for sale in pet shops, there was a reptile expo held at RNA
Can anyone recall this event ?? I can.
Cheers
Sandee :)

sandee
i cant remember what happened last century.
lol

joy
i did find a loophole that no one seems to use or maybe they arent aware of
and it makes things heaps easier.
downside..... people need to be able to trust a single person.
if herps are put across too a single person under the movement advice code tc
then only one demonstrator licence holder is responsible for all stands. and the real owners can just stand by and talk about their herps without the responsibility.
but if one person stuffs up . . . u can guess what the outcome would be.

wow i just deleted about 50 lines. i have put a poll up for a prefered month.

Thank you for your support Danny, it is certainly appreciated
Cheers

it sounds like a great idea sandy. If you need a hand let me know

Count me in if I can be of some help. My publisher regularly sponsors events like this so pm me if you are interested.
It would certainly be of use speaking to the organisers of the QLD Pet and Hobby EXPO - they have reptiles being displayed AND have goods for sale by commercial companies. It can be done, you just need to find out their loophole.

we discussed this with the EPA before our first expo and the epa were not informed that there were going to be carpet pythons at the qld pet and hobby expo,and going by the laws nothing should have been sold.they decided not to fine them that time but they said it would not be tolerated again.this is another reason why they are keeping such a close eye on all of these expos now ,just because a few people had done the wrong thing.

Expo 2010

I'm not thinking of a snake show (EPA arent keen on that) - we need something different
with a few WOW factors, eg, THE GREEN ROOM for GTPs and an OLD TIMERS LOUNGE for experienced keepers to catch up with longtime old friends..there's gotta be more ideas out there

The theme could be "REPTILE EXPO 2010 - Now and Then" showcasing how the hobby has changed over the last 10 years and where it's heading

A friendly reminder :) so we don't wander away from the target

Cheers

We think this is a fantastic idea. We dont have a lot to offer, but anything we can do, we only need to be asked.....
cheers.... we think solar 17's idea is excellent.....

Thanks for your offer of support Jarrod, Stuart & Connie

you are all on my list now and you can't get off it.

Cheers

I hope it all happen i would go .me an my partner have nine snake an three eastern bluey
it be the best place buy good snakes an meet breeds.
P.s . I will help spread the words when it happen because i know i lot poeple would this to happen ..you got all my blessing .

Now is a good time to start our brainstorming session, anyone got ideas ??

This is just my idea, RNA showgrounds-Brisbane and around July 2010

Please PM me with serious offers of sponsorship, etc.

Cheers

Hi Sandee. I've sent you a PM. I agree we need to get a 'Think Tank' happening fairly soon.
Cheers
Joy

hey guys,
if ur still looking at doing the expo, S.O.F.A.R have put some limited info on their website about wot charges exhibitors will pay for wot size stand they can use,if ur interested.
look under 8th Annual F & R expo

cheers
Shane

Hey guys
I am keen to help out at the expo. i could even bring a few lil guys of my own

Anyone thought about the Brisbane Convention Centre - air conditioned and has a variety of suitable rooms/halls??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back