Epa exhuast noise test -.-

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofoula88

Reaction score
Hey all you rev heads out there..thought Maybe someone could help me out..I just got a letter from the EPA for a noise test for loud exhuast ...let me just say it's really the last thing I need..but my car is pretty loud so I guess it's my own fault,so before anyone posts any negative comments,save it..anyway so I have a 98 Honda integra with a twin I think 2and a half inch muffler..if anyone knows anything about these EPA noise tests please let me kno,I'm trying to get a db tester and from what I've read I think ur car has to be under 90dbs and they test it at 3000rpm.. Basically I'm wondering if I'm gonna pass or not,but I'm doubtful as I have read they are alot more strict these days and will also test the noise when it revs down..and it gets alot louder when that happens,so I'm totally stressed out now..I was thinking I could put the stock back on for the test but I don't even think I have it anymore,and somehow think theu will find out..if anyone knows a temp silencing solution please let me kno..I def do not wanna change my
muffler that I have on there now so I'm in a bit of a pickle lol..but yeh any advice or anything I can do to pass the test besides spendig alot of money to change everything woul be realli helpful..I need a quick and easy fix of there is one
thanks

Go to a wreckers, get a stock exhaust put in on your car permiantly then take a good look at your car and thank god you don't have a rice burner with Milo tins anymore ;)

I didn't ask for ur 2 cents on my car,I asked for a solution to passing a test..as I said before I like my car,so u and alot of other ppl can have their opinion on it but I don't wanna hear it..if ur not gonna help me why bother posting a comment?

Go to a wreckers, get a stock exhaust put in on your car permiantly then take a good look at your car and thank god you don't have a rice burner with Milo tins anymore ;)
ahahah gold.

No seriously though, if you know your car is too noisy making it illegal, then just put a quieter system on it. You can still have an exhaust note without it being excessively loud. Besides, the only car that sounds good excessively loud is a v8 anyway...

ahahah gold.

No seriously though, if you know your car is too noisy making it illegal, then just put a quieter system on it. You can still have an exhaust note without it being excessively loud. Besides, the only car that sounds good excessively loud is a v8 anyway...

WRX sounds nice too :p other wise i compleatly agree

but i think as rayCP pointed out your only option is adding another muffler or getting a quieter system, if you got a random letter for a noise test i would guess one of your neighbours has complained about your car.

An Integra with 2 exhausts? Wouldn't it already have a hard enough time to move even with one 2.5 inch?

Put a silencer on it. From memory I think it's $110 each?

Well I don't think it was my neighbours because it says the location on it and that it was "observed" by cops..so I'm guessing a copper might of past me or been behind me and yeh..anyway well I don't wanna change it becaus a) I like the way it looks and b) I like te attention I get from it...it's basically the whole reason I bought my car in the first place and quite frankly I think this is bullshit..yes my car is loud but it's not as excessivly loud as other things,I mean a harly or a bike or a truck or alot of thing are louder,so personallly I think it's a bullshit rule and I should be able to have my car the way I want it..but that's not the case..so seing as it's welded on there I'm gonna have to cut it off,buy a cheap crapola muffler,do the test then cut that off and weld mime back on...such a hassle because some copper had nothing better to do but if that's what I have to do to keep it then so be it,I'm sure sum1 reading this may think I'm being stupid and should jst change it as it really serves no purpose except being loud and annoying to ppl but like I said I like it and it gets me more attention from ppl,and before anyone says it I realise more attention from others also means more attention from cops

How do you know the attention you get from people are the positive ones?

How do you know the attention you get from people are the positive ones?
she duznt and thats why she is in a pickle :lol:
sofoula88
when ever u do u better mke sure its under the 90db first time otherwise it will cost u $30 each failed test .

It's actually $40... Like I said I'm gonna have to go through alot of crapola...I think I jst have realli bad luck,I mean it could of been worse i could of got fined and got a canary but at the same time I have been pulled over twice in a week and they never said shot bout my exhuast, Ive gotten multiple camera fines and a parking ticket...and my rego is due and I don't work,so as u can see altho it's my fault,I jst realli didn't need this ontop of everything else,but I will figure it out with everything else and jst have to do it the hard way,I don't care about money and points but I will not change my car,and I thought ppl on here into cars would understand where I'm coming from,granted there are ways around but if u were told u could t have ur car the way u wanted I'm sure it would piss u off as well,esp for something so ridiculous as noise pollution,it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

Multiple fines, a car thats excessivelly loud, maybe theres a reason the police noticed...

IMO ur being kibnd of inconsiderate. If it is loud, and you come back late at night and wake the neighbours up, thats a dick thing 2 do. Not saying you would, but there are rules for a reason.

Will

i would just like 2 say something
ok even if you put the stock muffler on the car - pass the test - then put your other one on - the cops are going to do the same thing when they follow you or something so your pretty much going to keep getting those tests IMO

It's not like I don't already know all this stuff that ur all saying,again like I said if u dnt have a solution then don't bother posting comments coz ur jst wasting ur time and mine

One thing that i can't stand is tools with massive exhausts on crappy cars that do absolutely nothing from a performance point of view. You have a ridiculous sounding exhaust to get "noticed"....Well guess what you got noticed and deserve what you get. I seriously can't believe you think people are impressed, what a joke, a loud exhaust is just as bad as the losers with their sub woofers blaring.
And if you think i'm someone who is not into cars you are wrong, I just understand the fundamentals of tuning an exhaust and i can tell you right now a big noisy exhaust isn't going to make your car perform nearly as well as a well tuned exhaust that can be street legal from a noise perspective.

And yes i felt like wasting my time and yours by posting this

It's not like I don't already know all this stuff that ur all saying,again like I said if u dnt have a solution then don't bother posting comments coz ur jst wasting ur time and mine
well u have been told the solution CHANGE YOUR EXHAUST . if u dont want to hear good advice then dont ask for it ;)
want more advice ? if u get anymore EPA notices they [epa] will go over your car with a fine tooth comb and your car will never see the road again .

lol I was too at your stage when i was 18. I thought it was way cool to get attention having a rice burner. Believe me, I've done it all. Kit, lowered, huge rims, exhaust, subs. What else do you want in a ricer haha.

Well anyway, I got pulled over got told that everything in my car was illegal and believe it or not I changed everything and geez was that the best decision I've ever made or what! Now I drive a stock car. lol It's awesome.

Don't worry, you'll get past that 'phase'. soon enough..

Yer like I said previously (so I'm not sure why ur all still crapping on about the same stuff I've already covered) but yer I am gonna change my exhuast,I was hoping for a better solution,well an easier cheaper one but like I said if that's what I have to do then yer,so u guys can keep posting ur stupid comments on here but like I said it's realli not gonna do anything,and it's not constuctive or helpful in any way,I think maybe if most of you put ur own personal opinions aside on what I do with my car then maybe u could suggest something helpful but clearly ur all in capable of doing that and jst wanna throw ur 2 cents in..so if that's what u wanna do go ahead,and for the actual ppl who posted somewhat descent response thanks for not being tards..too bad i can't say the same for the rest of u

Im glad that you have decided to remove it, best idea and good luck.
Next time can you please try and spell, use grammar and punctuation, your posts wont be hard to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back