Escaped Roughie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murtletheturle

Reaction score
So, my baby rough scaled python got out last night and I have no idea of where he went. He is still very very small (20cm) and i am worried about his health deteriorating with no food or water. I have looked everywhere I can int he room he got out in and no sign of him. Any suggestions about what i can do?
Cheers

Firstly, most snakes are found within a couple of metres of where they were lost, so concentrate your search there. You'll be surprised by the places they can fit into.

Secondly, you won't have to worry about its deteriorating health for at least a week.

Roughies tend to find a tiny gap in something and stay there all day, but they do become very active at night and they are highly aboreal.

So my tips would be, triple check EVERYTHING! Especially small tight places, and focus on places that look climbable and warm.

If you don't find him that way, sit in the room in complete darkness and just listen, you might hear him moving around after a while.

My Roughies tend to stop where they are, instead of dart off when they see you, so be sure to have a sharp eye and again, triple check EVERYTHING.

Good luck, I really hope you find him.

Curtain rods. For any arboreal snake that goes missing, the ol' curtain rods are prime real estate.

Curtain rods, TV's, warm spots, any small gap near the cage, my girl got out, couldn't find her for 7 weeks, then I decided to look in my underwear drawer, she was there. That's straight under her cage.

FOUND HIM!!!!! He was within 4 metres of the enclosure and he was climbing in and around my electric drum kit :D thanks for the advice everyone :)

Curtain rods, TV's, warm spots, any small gap near the cage, my girl got out, couldn't find her for 7 weeks, then I decided to look in my underwear drawer, she was there. That's straight under her cage.

Does that imply you didn't change your underwear in 7 weeks?;)

Glad to hear you found him :)

FOUND HIM!!!!! He was within 4 metres of the enclosure and he was climbing in and around my electric drum kit :D thanks for the advice everyone :)

Next job is to work out how he got out and fix it or else you will be searching again in a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back