Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep animals and pets because I ENJOY it...it's as simple as that...

In doing so I do everything in my power to ensure they are well looked after and comfortable - part of being a responsible pet owner. But the simple matter of fact is that enjoy keeping pets, whether it be dogs, snakes, lizards etc...

I get great pleasure out of coming home from a long shift and laying down for a quick wrestle with my dog, I have always been fascinated by reptiles and get just as much enjoyment from watching them and caring for them - and eventually I hope I will breed them and get just as much enjoyment from that...

It may sound selfish but unless you are keeping your animals for scientific or educative purposes then the answer must also be the same - you ENJOY keeping them...

I believe the ethics really comes in to how responsibly you keep them...

...the thing that makes me think is when I consider that my dog has a much more comfortable life than a lot of human beings in the world - think about it with your reptiles...there are a lot of children out there without heating, let alone a specific house designed solely to remain at a comfortable temperature...

Simon

Kangaroos are made from vegetable matter(what they eat) so why cant vegetarians eat them?

Kangaroos are made from vegetable matter(what they eat) so why cant vegetarians eat them?

Looking at it that way chris cows and sheep are vegetarians so does that make them vegetable matter as well???

one of my dragons likes the cage and doesnt leave it, the other one likes the beanbaggy in the doorway and hangs out there...the cage is never closed and theyre both free to do what they want

my bredli lets me know when he wants to come out and is allowed out fro as long as he wants (well,..till i go to bed anyway) when hes getting close to shedding he doesnt want to come out, cos he feels comfortable and safe in there....sometimes when i go to put him back he dosent want to go in,..othertimes he slides in happily and curls up in a cave.

a 'cage' becomes a home fro an animal and they like it.

as long as the cage is a decent size, comfortable and fulfils the animals requirements its like a person living in a unit or house as opposed to in a cave like our 'natural habitat' would be.

I normally try to explain that my snakes get well cared for and i try to give them the biggest cage i can with plenty of homely things in it , ie rocks , plants etc .
The only real time i got any grief was from a lady who keeps fish , to me thats the same thing as me keeping snakes in a cage but she could not agree with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back