Everyday Peeves excluding grammar LOL

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

When I drive an hour to the station, there seems to be a lot of cars with only one headlight working?

Is this illegal???

I have a peeve about passing a semi on the freeway.
Some jerk comes up behind me and flashes his high beam to get me to go to the left lane...hello, I am not yet past the semi trailer....duh...does he want me to cut the semi trailer off.....

I am on a round a bout, someone is coming on my right, but I know I have enough time to keep going...but they have to toot their horn. It was not a if I cut them off.....
If this happens to me...I slow down a bit.....it is called curtesy...
I have never tooted my horn at anyone...hmmm I could go on...

Just ONE of my peeves.... idiots who throw cigarette butts out of the car window... :evil:

And yes, I am pretty sure only having one headlight is illegal.

I also thought using your fog lamps (when there is no fog) was also illegal, but I see a lot of people do it.

And those stupid coloured parking lights some have on their cars.....

Ok, I think I am finished now.... :lol:

"Just ONE of my peeves.... idiots who throw cigarette butts out of the car window... "

This has happened to me whilst riding my motorbike with an open face helmet, very dangerous to receive sparks and ash in your face at 100 kms an hour.
My wife has been fined for fog lights :evil:

I'll go with the roundabout problem, roundabouts are there to improve flow.....
Also the people who think it is funny to throw things at me when I am on my bike.... NOT FUNNY

people who dont read auctions properly, and then ask stuff that i have already listed :|

my pet peeve, when family see no better time to have a go at you over somthing when the very sentence right befor you have just got through telling them how ill you are and how your sitting with a bucket being sick ,,,,, and they have spoken to you 6 times since the date in question and not said a word but they have to pick that very night to have a go! lol so my pet peeve is family that don't know when to shush!

Oh i could go on forever,,

Mostly at work...People who count their coins out on the counter seperately, and then leave it for me to pick up even though i have my hand out for them to place the money..but nooo they have to be retards.

Customer: Can i get a packet of *** smokes?
me: sorry we dont have any at the moment
Customer: What? You have none?
Me: No, sorry
Customer: But i bought them here yesterday
Me: Yes, and we have sold out of them sorry, we will have more tomorrow.
Customer: So you havent got any??
Me: !!@$%%^**&!!!

Hellloo idiot!!!!

Morons who sit in the right hand lane who aren't overtaking or turning right.

Just ONE of my peeves.... idiots who throw cigarette butts out of the car window... :evil:

And yes, I am pretty sure only having one headlight is illegal.

I also thought using your fog lamps (when there is no fog) was also illegal, but I see a lot of people do it.

And those stupid coloured parking lights some have on their cars.....

Ok, I think I am finished now.... :lol:
one headlight is a defect

the white lights are in fact driving lights and are illegal unless displayed with high beam, fog lights are yellow which results in less reflection from fog

coloured parking lights(except white/orange forward red rearward) are illegal as well

as posted in the other thread people who park across the council strip
people who deliberately pull out in front(when there is no one behind you) then sit 10 below the speed limit
people who dont discipline their kids for running amok
people who turn left from the right hand lane even though there is a breakdown/turning lane available
the list goes on

Last edited:
Oh i could go on forever,,

Mostly at work...People who count their coins out on the counter seperately, and then leave it for me to pick up even though i have my hand out for them to place the money..but nooo they have to be retards.

Customer: Can i get a packet of *** smokes?
me: sorry we dont have any at the moment
Customer: What? You have none?
Me: No, sorry
Customer: But i bought them here yesterday
Me: Yes, and we have sold out of them sorry, we will have more tomorrow.
Customer: So you havent got any??
Me: !!@$%%^**&!!!

Hellloo idiot!!!!

Same exact thing happened to me today! Work at a newsagency and my goodness there's some annoying people out there today. oh and also asking the price of the smokes when it's right there in front of them in bold numbers!

I was in the transit (T2) lane last week doing just over 100, because that was the speed limit, this moron comes up behind me and hits the high beam and beeps his horn. I didn't speed up, just kept doing the limit, so he zooms out over the double white lines and zips in front of me. I couldn't help myself so I hit the high beam and flashed him. Jerk! I can see how road rage happens.

Clients who ring and say 'can I make an appointment' and just expect me to know who they are....I speak to LOTS of people.... :?

Or, they say, 'this is Darren, can I make an appointment'

Umm... Darren who?

And, when I ask, 'an appointment for when?', they don't know, and have to have a big think about it.... :x

Today's pet peeve: those pesky balls of lint on your clothes!!! :evil:

OH my goodness.... Don't get me started on Australasian drivers!!!

Holy moly... We (because I am Australasian) are the worst drivers in the WORLD!!

In the USA - there's a courtesy thing (the thing you talk of) - I think it comes because i you do cut someone off they'll kill you.

Just two days ago I was indicating on the Bruce Highway (in a built up shopping area of the highway) - Mulgrave Road.... I was going to pull into a car parking area just past a set of traffic lights. It's a three lane road.

I slowed down appropriately to do my turn into the car park.... BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRP! On the horn behind me from a 4WD - WHAT THE HELL???

What did I do to deserve this?

1 - I indicated from an appropriate distance...

2 - I slow to a safe speed to pull the manoeuvre...

3 - I completed the manoeuvre in the shortest possible time without risking anyone's lives.

There was even space for the guy to go around me...

Courtesy???

There is NONE!!!

I might start adopting the American approach of carrying a loaded firearm in my car and if someone beeps put a cap in their tank!

I slowed down appropriately to do my turn into the car park.... BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRP! On the horn behind me from a 4WD - WHAT THE HELL???
What did I do to deserve this?
Personally, I think some people are just cranky, crotchety and selfish and it really doesn't matter what you do, it's gonna be wrong!

yup, thats got to be it, road ragers, tailgaters and BAD DRIVERS. not fun. My poor car has been rear-ended three times now since may last year because idiots are following too closely and not paying enough attention! Once was even when i stopped at a pedestrian crossing, luckily my breaks held when i was hit by a M Triton (i'm in a tiny H Jazz) doing around 70 in a 60 zone, the kid on the crossing wouldnt have been looking pretty after that... speaking of which, my car was fair buggered too :(

having to carry people that are useless at their job ,bludgers ect . then they get the same pay as someone that has ago ....

I hate having to hang out with people that decide to play the Devil's Advocate all the time, are unwilling to allow others voice their own valid opinions, and take most statements personally. I am sick to death of having to clarify and justify every sentence that I contribute to a conversation. I don't want to have to back up every comment with, "No, no, no, no, no! That's not what I meant. What I meant was..."

PULL YOUR HEAD IN! It's not all about you!!

As some others have said - people who believe it's okay to flick their cigarette butts on the ground. They're not natural, they won't break down, it's littering!
These people are just too lazy or arrogant to stub it out and then put it in a bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back