ewd hatchy feeds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

instar

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Im looking for some info from folk who have raised ewd hatchys before.
These are my first ewd and its going pretty well so far, but if you would share your expertise re: diet/frequencey and technique it would be much appreciated.
So far they have fed daily on either tiny woodies, pinhead and small crix, and half zapped moths. Have had them have a bit of a taste of beardy pellets but they are not too enthusiastic if it dosent move. No intrest yet in real greens of any kind what so ever. They have gone a few tiny headcrushed mealies aswell.
Question. Is once daily feeding sufficient ? They are crapping plenty and eating plenty, but im concerned its all insect at this point, is this normal for hatchys? do they include veg as they get bigger?
Should i continue daily feeds till they are much bigger and eating greens aswell?
Thanks for any help in advance. :D

Not eating vegies is fine for young dragons, greens will increase as they get older, and feeding daily while at a small size is fine as well, as they grow they don't need to be fed as often though, they're just like any other baby Agamid really.

Instar, one thing you have to be careful or is not to overfeed males. Males are very prone to obesity. I have never had a Water dragons in my care eat vegies. This is what my Water dragons eat: Any insects, mice, banana, raw steak and mince, tinned dog and cat food, strawberries, raw chicken. They will also take the fruits from lilli pilli trees. I feed juveniles twice a week. As babies they will usually only take things that move. But over time they will start taking anything you offer them and thats when you can introduce meats and fruit to the diet. Anything you drop in their enclosure they'll just assume is food.

Thanks for that Serpente, thems the little hints I want. Indeed I have noticed Wilbur is a guts already, he's the most keen to take food from tweezers, even shoving the girls out of the way in his eagerness! I have been feeding each one and meticulously ensuring they get their fair share, the only thing I have left "free for all" is beardy pellets soaked with water, they arnt too keen on them yet, I figure once they start munching those, ill try other non moving stuff. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back