Exercising larger snakes??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: Exercising larger snakes??

lutzd said:
Yeah, I know! :) I recently purchased some large frozen rats, and when I went through the register, the operator actually had to stop and sit down, as she was almost vomiting. Not funny really, as she was obviously suffering greatly. It's strange how some people have phobias about this stuff.....

hehehe, thats like a pilot that is affraid to fly!!

RE: Re: RE: Exercising larger snakes??

Oh, sorry... I should have explained that a bit better. It was a large garden centre, that had a pet section in a separate building. Bought the rats, and then went to the fresh fruit place in another building in the same complex. Showed her my bag as I went through the checkout. I did feel embarassed and sorry for her when I saw her reaction.

Another woman at work can't even come near my computer due to the wallpaper I use. She's obvously really frightened and shaky, just from the picture. It's really sad that people have been so badly influenced by ..... whatever caused the phobia. It would be interesting to dig a bit deeper to find the cause. ......

How about getting a large enclosure with plenty of climbing branches? If the enclosure is large enough they should get enough exercise.

Re: RE: Exercising larger snakes??

Greebo said:
When I was getting my Murray-Darling out of its enclosure to put away, this woman actually screamed. Even the kiddies there laughed at her.

This happens to me too Greebs, even when I haven't got a snake.

lutzd said:
Another woman at work can't even come near my computer due to the wallpaper I use.

Dave - I'm using one of the pics from your gallery as my wallpaper, and I've had that reaction too from one or two people. But several dozen have been impressed by it and say they love it.
It's this one - http://www.aussiepythons.com/module...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

:p

Hix

RE: Re: RE: Exercising larger snakes??

Lol!

Nice epiglottis.

:p

Hix

Geez you guys have got no idea have you? :D I just sit on the couch and press the start button!:lol: :D She's now in pristine condition, just look at her! - hot abs, great thighs - she's lookin' HOT! Damned HOT!! :D. Unfortunately my other pet, a black mamba, seems to think this is pretty easy going :(

swimming sound like a good idea, but i wouldnt let them do it to long, might lead to build up in ulactic acid from stress and muscle movement

Good point Tommo. i never let my hatchy swim for more than a few minutes, but then she knows when shes had enuff, so thats it. I used to put my older carpet in the kids wading pool, hed sit n soak or swim about, then be up over the top n out when hed had enuff. I think the lactic acid issue would only apply if you forced them to stay n swim, in something they couldnt escape. :wink:

at what age do you guys give them a chance to have a swim and how deep do you have the water. I have a 16mth old bredli she is about 3 1/2 ft long.

cheers
chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back