exotic hybrids

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Pythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
come across some pics today, junglexcorn & blueyxshingle & a bluey x ? wierd..

The Jungle Corn isn't what people on here think it is, they are the result of crossing a Corn Snake with a King Snake, 2 related species. That one looks like a California Kingsnake x Corn.

I was going to ask how on earth that would happen haha. Thanks Boa

No problem, I thought the name would cause some confusion ;)

The last Bluey looks like one of the Papua New Guinean forms...... may well be a cross however between a PNG form & an Aussie form...... most likely a Northern.

Bluey x shingles aren't a new thing, there's was a big one on display at last year's Wild Expo.
If you do a search I'm sure it won't be too hard to find a pic of it.

The Jungle Corn isn't what people on here think it is, they are the result of crossing a Corn Snake with a King Snake, 2 related species. That one looks like a California Kingsnake x Corn.
thanks for clearing that up boa, i was wondering about that..

some wierd and wacky hybrids poping up.... im contemplating throwing a darwin and a RHD woma together this season and see what happens.... i love the look of the comas overseas, some coma variagatas would be nice imo.

i dont think they are illeagel just not something that is commonly done??

what would that 3rd bluie x be? anyone have any ideas??

So they are legal in Australia?
I wouldn't have a clue to be honest. But I have seen one in the flesh, & pics of some others.
Legal or not, they are around.

Despite, in NSW anyway, the DEECW stating hybridisation is not encouraged (yet NOT illegal), they still indicate some hybrid species codes for the animal keepers record books (mostly morelia), however they have got one for eastern x blotched blueys, but not for bluey x rugosa.

some wierd and wacky hybrids poping up.... im contemplating throwing a darwin and a RHD woma together this season and see what happens.... i love the look of the comas overseas, some coma variagatas would be nice imo.

haha... got a few bites. for those that have red this or PM'd me... i was just kidding. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back