Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say that's a good thing. Convenient yes, but potentially harmful both to individuals and herp-keeping on the whole because of idiots who don't know what they're doing and don't want to learn.

Anyway, back on topic, sorry! Xeall, you most definitely are not the only one. The only things stopping me from upgrading right now are that I don't have enough room in my house and I don't want to die (I'm not very good at not getting bitten yet, even though I know it's because I'm slack), because if I got an advanced, I'd have to get a croc, an RBB, and an RSP, and a GTP, and... :D

Your right it does open it up for people to purchase these animals for the "cool factor" without knowing or wanting to learn anything about them. I should have phrased it differently but it is good because it makes it easy to get advanced pythons such as GTP, womas, rough scales etc. You still have to provide evidence of handling ability to get a ven. It is VERY tempting to go out and buy a baby croc :D

I know!!! Baby crocs are adorable! I love the noise they make:D I can't get one yet, I have to wait til I have enough land that I can keep it for its whole life without the possibility of my idiot dogs getting eaten:)

same here. I would love one and think they are adorable but an adult wouldn't fit in my two bedroom flat :C

Same thing happened to me....and now i own one :D

Well, for the love of God, man - post some bloody pics already!!!! And while you're at it, may I please see a photo of his enclosure and an idea of temps, humidity etc? Thank you :)

- - - Updated - - -

Your right it does open it up for people to purchase these animals for the "cool factor" without knowing or wanting to learn anything about them. I should have phrased it differently but it is good because it makes it easy to get advanced pythons such as GTP, womas, rough scales etc. You still have to provide evidence of handling ability to get a ven. It is VERY tempting to go out and buy a baby croc :D

Yeah I am the first to agree with this actually, which is why I will be doing a snake handling course prior to purchasing my RSP. I like to know EVERYTHING about the pet I am getting, because it will be living for me for the rest of it's life and since it has no choice about this, it's up to ME to make sure it has the best life possible. And btw - I still don't understand why you have to have a license for a snake and you have to register cats and dogs but any moron can breed children. Go figure.

Oh dear - am going to have to upgrade my license because I just learned about Rough-Scaled Pythons, fell in love and now I have to have one. God, what is wrong with me? Does this happen to everyone????

I have the exact same problem.....

In Victoria you just pay the difference between the month you apply for your license and however long it is til next September; it is done on a pro-rata basis.

I know, I'm in Vic ;) What I was trying to say was, you've basically just renewed and you would be paying close to a full licence to just upgrade to Advanced now.

Good to see someone has finally found a good use for Tupperware! They are sooo cute! Are you in Victoria, by any chance? I would genuinely love to see one of these in person. (I'd also like to stuff one in the bra and race out the door with it.. but I won't.)

Working atm but you can find a couple pics in my thread its called Finally got an RSP. She's still in a tub her enclosure iv been building for some time is due to finished within the week ill make sure I post pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back