farewell to a good friend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had rabbits once.... they are funny when they get mad at you for something and stamp thier foot :shock::lol: I thought mine had something wrong with its leg and asked the petshop.... they just said ' nothing wrong with the wabbit.... it too just hates you' :lol:

this thread has it all, i was sad at first then i laughed at wrightpython, then i remembered my rabbit (jack) and am constantly amused by captainratbag.. lol

Sorry for your loss. Nice innnings for a bunny though. hope your kiddies are doing ok now. :)

RIP LITTLE HARRY,

Thanks everyone
we as a family have now moved on , but not like the rabbit . Even though I did put food out for him and fill the water on sunday morning
:oops:The Kiddies 14/16 have enough to take their minds of such things as death . Not all of which i approve of but thats life :lol:

Heartless

RIP little bunny.

Not that confusing really. I'm all for sentimentality, but I believe that at the end of the day, once an animal (or person) is dead, it's just a corpse. It is a vacant meat-bag, and might as well be re-used instead of going to waste. My partner was quite disgusted with me the other day when I said that when one of my pet rats dies (she's getting pretty long in the tooth, so it won't be long now:() I will feed her body to a snake. Even though I have said on many occasions that when I die I want to be ground up and fed to the dogs. He confuses me sometimes.
Incidentally, if I did have a dead kid, after its organs had been donated, I wouldn't find if you fed it to a Burmese, though I'd probably prefer if you fed it to a Scrub.
Personally, I don't see how shoving a corpse underground to rot in a box is a better way of honoring their memory as opposed to allowing said corpse to fulfil its place in the food chain.

Thats just heartless, your body carries the spirit and when that has left should be berried or cremated, not re-cycled into food and then a resting place as poop.

Buried to become worm poop, or cremated to become air pollutant/fertiliser?

Rest assured, one way or another, 99% of corpses end up as food for something along the way. Welcome to reality.

Thats just heartless, your body carries the spirit and when that has left should be berried or cremated, not re-cycled into food and then a resting place as poop.

I'm sure you meant to say "In my opinion etc etc etc..." Because that is 100% opinion.

Considering that it's illegal to feed my corpse to the dogs, I think I'd like a Tibetan sky burial instead.

im disguested recycling your animals for food to animals these animals are our family not food for something to eat R.I.P HARRY :cry::cry:

Sorry Rhodie.... I have to disagree with you..... I am the most sentimental guy when it comes to.... well, most things..... but as I said in a previous post, I would rather feed my dead pet rats to my python.... so he doesnt get dug up and eaten by foxes or just fly blown and rot in the ground. I had a fave pet boy rat called 'Buddy' he was sickly for a while with mycoolasma then died.... I said my goodbyes and gave him to my coastal..... I believe buddy lives on in monty. I would have felt stupid and wasting buddies life if I had just buried him or thrown him out with the trash.....

What you are suggesting would mean people should all die with all thier organs.... not donate them? I respect your opinion, it differs from mine.... and others have thier own opinion.... each is right for themselves.

Dont bag others for having a different opinion to yours....

Oh, and welcome to APS ;)

I'm with Rat on this. MY body doesn't "carry my spirit". In my opinion. If I could be fed to the sharks when I die I'd be stoked. They're my pets, and when they die I'll do with them what I want.

Buried to become worm poop, or cremated to become air pollutant/fertiliser?

Rest assured, one way or another, 99% of corpses end up as food for something along the way. Welcome to reality.
a wee little bit of my father ended up being eaten by fish , unintentional of course im not into that idea , but we spread his ashes over in Indonesia at a favourite island + surfing spot when we did hundreds of these little reef fish came up and started feeding on it , funny thing though he was a professional fisherman for years

I'm trying to be nice I just prefer shooting from the hip and to me a shovels a shovel unless of cause its a spade but that's another story. When my cat died non of my snakes were big enough so I sold it to a mate to feed he's scrubbie then two days later she was reincarnated as a new kitten that I found feral as and living behind my factory, she now has pride of place on my pillow. I also ate Penelope our pig but only cause it was Xmas and we were having a BBQ.

Do claws pose and issue at all???? Iv been considering collecting abandoned kittens from the local RSPCA for my Scrubby. Rats..., kittens... they look the same to me??? :)

Do claws pose and issue at all???? Iv been considering collecting abandoned kittens from the local RSPCA for my Scrubby. Rats..., kittens... they look the same to me??? :)

I don't condone what you are doing, but I will offer a bit of advice. Don't let the RSPCA know what you are doing with the kittens, they could make you life difficult if they decided to test the animal cruelty waters.

And on a personal note, "No, it's a silly thing to even contemplate"

I don't condone what you are doing, but I will offer a bit of advice. Don't let the RSPCA know what you are doing with the kittens, they could make you life difficult if they decided to test the animal cruelty waters.

And on a personal note, "No, it's a silly thing to even contemplate"

Well either way they are destroyed... might as well make some use of them??? right? Why do you think this is silly???

Dunno if you're trying to be funny or stir the pot or what, if you are ead cause this has actually been brought up plenty in the past. Claws pose absolutely no threat unless you live feed. Again though the rspca will not allow you to take kittens if they know what you're doing. Also, its been my experience kittens from the rspca are very expensive. Its much cheaper to feed conventional food, I see no advantage in collecting kittens

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno if you're trying to be funny or stir the pot or what, if you are ead cause this has actually been brought up plenty in the past. Claws pose absolutely no threat unless you live feed. Again though the rspca will not allow you to take kittens if they know what you're doing. Also, its been my experience kittens from the rspca are very expensive. Its much cheaper to feed conventional food, I see no advantage in collecting kittens

- - - Updated - - -

Soooo. Stiring the pot?

Well either way they are destroyed... might as well make some use of them??? right? Why do you think this is silly???

In fact I don't think it's silly as logically it makes sense. Morally though, it's a silly thing to even consider as there are numerous opinions out there that would argue otherwise.

There is a reason there are no cat breeders out there selling to the reptile community,

In fact I don't think it's silly as logically it makes sense. Morally though, it's a silly thing to even consider as there are numerous opinions out there that would argue otherwise.

There is a reason there are no cat breeders out there selling to the reptile community,

Yup ok. I see where your coming from... I just think that essentially there is nothing wrong with it... As for the animal cruelty side well obviously kittens would be gassed and not fed live...thats sick!!! :). Just thinking that there are plenty of free kittens out there...
Isnt it strange that rats are ok to be bred as feed but cats arnt? lol:) ha ha

People have pet rats, pet rabbits, pet ginnie pigs..... rats, rabbits & ginnie pigs are often fed to reptiles? Even tho they are cute and fluffy. You could feed kittens to a python.... the only thing is what has it been wormed with, vaccinated with etc? A dead small animal is just a dead small animal to a python.

However, the last time someone I know bought a kitten from the rspca, it was well over $120 (vaccinated, wormed, microchipped and a desexing voucher for when it is old enough) This would be an expensive feed for a python, and the microchip and worming/vaccination chemicals could adversly effect the snake, not to mention the chip ;)

Isnt it strange that rats are ok to be bred as feed but cats arnt? lol:) ha ha
To be honest, without name calling and animal rights thrown in the air, it would be a very interesting topic if we didn't bring the personal side into it as well.

Me, well I have two cats back in NZ and would never contemplate them (or any cat) as a food source because I'm biased. I'm sure there are some rat, bunny & mouse keepers out there that think we are psychopaths for feeding Mr Whiskers to a snake, but we don't relate on that level. Hell, if I could, I would feed my neighbors annoying kids to my olive but I'mworried it might upset her stomach

Well the neighbours cat just walked into my yard again. Il let you know how it goes! "here kitty, kitty... nice kitty... tasty kitty... COME HERE!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back