Farkurnell

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

I noticed that few people are not friendly forwards our new member Farkurnell. He did not abused this forum to deserve this. If somebody do not like him for any reason, please just do not respond in unfriendly way.
We all have to cooperate together here and for sure that not all people will like each other. Just be as nice to others as you like people to treat you.
Thank you

Unless you are really good friends with someone on this forum and have actually seen someone else`s herp collection in person than we cannot be sure that anyone has what they say they have (pictures could well be with acquantence`s herps). It is a simple fact, some people lie, some don`t. I believe you were targeted purposely, just a mis interpretation that spiralled downhill.
I however also understand why people were quick to attack Farkurnell for some comments (not having a go at you mate). Many people have been purposely causing havoc on this forum for personal fun, and have disrupted the general running of this site at times. Some things you said did sound similiar to comments made by now ex members (I think I am one of the few people to have actually read just how bad some attacks by them in fact were), and some things I had to read several times before I understood the true meaning. Being a forum (and therefore written comunication) it is impossible to identify general "identifying marks" that are picked up when speaking to someone. We sometimes cannot tell whether a comment is genuinely meant to be taken as a simple comment or a sarcastic attack (something that applies to statements from everyone at some time or another, self included).
We need to stop and think when something not fully explanatory is posted, often it will be intended as constructive but worded a way in which many interpretations could be reached.
Just my opinion. :wink:

Cheers, Jay

Doesn't his name go against the no swearing policy???

Hes from Far Kurnell .Kurnell is a sydney suburb (don`t worry I reached the same conclusion at first :lol:). I looked it up even and it exists.

Cheers, Jay

Is kurnell anywhere near 'que' lol

Agree with all that is being said on this subject and after once again saying this word out loud several times again finally get it.

To be honest what is being said in the forum threads is more of interest/concern to me not what username an individual goes by. I have wondered about the origins of some others here and just put it down to the theory that this site is frequented by an extremely eclectic crowd.
Anway farkurnell, I have days like your name is "apparently" supposed to allude to.
Cheers Rina

Very funny :lol:

I meant to add the line "ps. he could still be BS`ing us" but got distracted.

Jay

Do not get ocuppied to much with conspiracy theory. Admins know Farkurnell from beginning and do know his collection and size of his knowledge. All admins visited his place and the man is decent person.
If he like to be part of our community and behave in positive spirit and friendly way, admins have no problem with him to enjoy our group.
Give him break and try to forget all unpleasant pasts. I hope that he will understand what I have in mind.

ok he is new so maybe he doesn't know the rules, how many of you guys read the rules before joining I didn't, so maybe give him/her the chance to change it to a new name, what kind of a forum is it when you guys take any opportunity to jump down someone throat every time they do something wrong...sure its inappropriate for the site but over the last couple of month I have seen worse

go the slatey dude...we trust your judgment :p

I dont care about his username, its its a little joke, no big deal, I can appreciate that. It seems we have misinterprated his humour in a few post. This has happened to me also before today. We dont all have the same sense of humour, repeat after me "We're all individuals" :D [pause for repeat]
"We're all different" :D [pause for repeat]...OK, lets get on with it then. :D Lets start again.........."Welcome to aps, Farkurnell" [pause for repeat] :D :D :D

wattso said:
I dont care about his username, its its a little joke, no big deal, I can appreciate that. It seems we have misinterprated his humour in a few post. This has happened to me also before today. We dont all have the same sense of humour, repeat after me "We're all individuals" :D [pause for repeat]
"We're all different" :D [pause for repeat]...OK, lets get on with it then. :D Lets start again.........."Welcome to aps, Farkurnell" [pause for repeat] :D :D :D

yer to what wattie said "who cares"[pausing.....still pausing.....more pausing.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz]

I am sorry but his whole name keeps washing over my head?! What is it meant to sound like? Could someone either PM me or e-mail me or even hint as to what it's meant to mean lol! I just dont get it?!

f#%%'nh@#l, but I've just got a filthy mind.

Always happy to corrupt a clean mind. :twisted:

lol. I wouldn't say my mind is clean (I am a lawyer after all) but yeah that one just didn't dawn on me. I mus be getting slow in my old age ;)

Oh Amy! Now you've done it! I can see a tidal wave off in the distance - yes .... yes.... looks like a flood of lawyer jokes heading our way! :shock: :lol: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back