Fast Food!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not that he has a feeding problem at the moment. He will eat mice no worries, just has a problem with rats. I guess i just gotta gradually keep trying.

try pulling some hair off the mouse and rub it on the rat its worked for my fussy ones some times its good to wait until the snake is really hungry then rub the hair on the rat if hes hungry wil just smell mouse and snap it real quick..

Sounds good. Ill give it a go next feeding time. Thanks for the help.

Got him on rats last night. Couldnt be more happier. Thanks everyone for your help :).
Alex

The first night i tried when he was due for a feed but had no luck. Then the second night i tried again and still had no luck. So at that point i just decided to feed the mouse to him.
The following week i tried a couple of days after feeding time was due, i hadnt really intended on feeding it to him (was actually feeding another juvenille). I dangled it in front of him and teased him with it. At the start he was showing no interest then finally he started to following it. In the end he struck at in and i knew it had been success. Didnt take all that long either, 5 or so minutes and also i hadnt scented it either.
Hopefully he will be a little more eager to take to the next feed, ive got my fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back