Fat or Gravid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a spare enclosure that get's to about 15 at night I was hoping that would be ok.
Looks like I'm building another incubator.

Can somebody please explain this slang, 'glass dancing'?

Thankyou James. Never associated that with being gravid before, though they do this anyway occasionally when not gravid. I use laying boxes (always present) and find they love to dig as a matter of course given the opportunity.
Mine have never dug in or layed in the substrate, being used to the box.
Herping slang is becoming another language, a weird and unexpressive one! :)
Any other new slang I should know about?
P.S congrats to the poster! :)

I've got a spare enclosure that get's to about 15 at night I was hoping that would be ok.
Looks like I'm building another incubator.

you will need an incubator . sometimes if the sand is too dry they will hold on to the eggs as long as possible because the laying conditions aren't quite right .if the sand is a little moist she will lay when she is ready.you can just place a tub of moist sand in the enclosure with them and she will find it and lay the eggs in there.you shouldn't need to remove the other beardies.
cheers
simon

you will need an incubator . sometimes if the sand is too dry they will hold on to the eggs as long as possible because the laying conditions aren't quite right .if the sand is a little moist she will lay when she is ready.you can just place a tub of moist sand in the enclosure with them and she will find it and lay the eggs in there.you shouldn't need to remove the other beardies.
cheers
simon
Will do:)
I've separated her into a separate tank that is full of moist sand, but all she is doing is licking it:p

yeh for ure she is gravid on friday my bright red female had her first ever clutch of 15 eggs not bad for her first.
and incubating and they all look fertile at the moment and i got to see her have her eggs it was very excited.
i put in a laying tray with damp sand but she decided not to use it.
and i separated her mate just in case the eggs didnt get touched by my males.

i never seperated my female from the male , but iam home all the time so i was right there when she was laying .

Mine laid on Sunday afternoon, i just put her in a 50 litre tub filled with moist play sand and she dug a nice big burrow and laid. Pick up an incubator from ebay nice and cheap and you know it works. Or the good old esky, water and water heater works. Good luck! Oh and no she didn't get too cold in the lay box it was inside and she is fine at room temp for a few hours. But once she's done laying let her finish her burying them.

Ok because I'm wondering if getting her x-rayed to just check if she has eggs? less stress if she doesn't lay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back