Fat or Gravid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hows she going? Mate no need for xray she is definitely gravid :) Yeah just leave her in there she'll dig a nice big burrow and soon enough lay. Let her finish her burying and then put her in a bath while you dig up the eggs.

relax mate,she still may be a couple days away if she has only started digging around,they will come.mine normally lay lunchtime -mid afternoon.make sure you keep her on a natural light cycle otherwise you will exhaust her before she even lays.
cheers
simon

Sorry to steal your thead, but since u have the same question i had, People might be able to answer my questin also.
IMG_1041.jpgIMG_1040.jpgIMG_1047.jpg

If you run your fingers down her flanks on the inside of her belly, u should feel hte eggs.

Also, I wouldnt stress her by changing her enclosure, if you want to seperate male and female, take the male out and put the lay box in with the female

Mine look really fat until a couple of days before they lay and then you can see a couple of lumps in their bellies (2 already laid this eason). Don't sweat it James you will know when she has laid - they get REALLY skinny after....

Goodluck!

Sometimes any waste they havenn't gotten rid of can be felt as lumps if your not used to what your looking for as well. Just relax and let her have some quiet, if she is gravid she will lay soon enough. First time around it can take them a few times to get it right with the digging...mine dug for days before they were happy enough to lay, just make sure you keep the sand wet and comapcted for her.

Mine don't use a laybox btw - I just remove the males from the tanks and give the girls plenty of sand. ;)

Sometimes any waste they havenn't gotten rid of can be felt as lumps if your not used to what your looking for as well. Just relax and let her have some quiet, if she is gravid she will lay soon enough. First time around it can take them a few times to get it right with the digging...mine dug for days before they were happy enough to lay, just make sure you keep the sand wet and comapcted for her.

Mine don't use a laybox btw - I just remove the males from the tanks and give the girls plenty of sand. ;)

The lay box is the only place with sand. Just concerned I don't want to lose her from being egg bound or what not.

ok James its alright mate, i would say maybe 40% time you cant even feel the eggs! You will notice her remarkably skinny, just let her do her thing and put a towel over her cage to give her some privacy, poke your head in every few hours or so just to check her progress. Is she digging at the moment? She get the little eggs soon no doubt!

ok James its alright mate, i would say maybe 40% time you cant even feel the eggs! You will notice her remarkably skinny, just let her do her thing and put a towel over her cage to give her some privacy, poke your head in every few hours or so just to check her progress. Is she digging at the moment? She get the little eggs soon no doubt!

She is digging when I put her in the tank of sand but then reaches the bottom and keeps scratching around so putting more sand in it. Put a lay box in there which has about 10-15cm of sand in the tub and has a stick leading up to it. Haven't seen her get to it yet tho.

well if she has only just started to dig then id say she is a few days off from laying [ 4 or 5 days]

not necessarily mine certainty didn't take that long to dig her hole. She started 1pm digging and continued overnight and started laying 10am next morning. Hang in there, if she gets to the bottom and is still digging just leave her she'll realise soon and just lay, 15 - 20cm deep is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back