Feeding Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was a dead fuzzy,, and yup i tried all the things you mentioned but he just turned the other way..

where can you get live fuzzies anyway

Hi maximus, you can?t give up that easy!!!

Just give the snake a bit of a rest and see if you can get a couple of baby mice ( Fuzzies) in a pet Shop.

Maybe you know some kids? that have mice that had babies.

I wouldn?t tell them though what you want them for.
:twisted: :wink:

maximus said:
:x its hopeless
quite frankly i dont care anymore
NO OFFENCE but thats a poor effort giving up on an animal if ya buy a pair of mice they will have fuzzies in about a month. And just tease feed him for a while make him snappy but to grasp onto the prey mabey put a dead fuzzy into the snakes mouth and then leave the snake alone for a while. Just DONT GIVE UP :!: :!: :!:

i knoww man,, but its givn me the shightsssss
yeah i tried that, put it in his mouth and left it,, but he jus looks at me and drops it... ive tried putting a skinks tail out of the fuzzies mouth, placed him in a separate container with the fuzzy.. ive scented with a skink, scented with a fish, ive brained so many times ive lost count..
i think ill just force feed him a pinkie.....i even threw a dammed skink in their just out of sheer frustration.. and would you believe it the lizard was walking all over him and he jus sat there..,,,, i duno maybe i have a schizophrenic snake....

i REALLY NNEED TO get him to eat because im going overseas on the 26th of June and i want my sister to be able to feed him..
wat ammm i gona dooo guys helppp :cry:

How long has it been since he's eaten maximus? Has he lost any condition?
Have you left it a while between trying? Persisting too often may make him intimidated by the food.

Don't give up! :)

im trying to initiate feeding nicole., he hasnt eaten on his own before.. but the breeder where i got hime force feeds the tails..
Well it doesnt seem to be losing any condition,, although when he coils around a branch his underside becomes real flat.. if u get my meaning..
im leaving about 1 or two days between attempts..
no good?

maximus.....wen my diamond was around 8 months old it stopped eating completely. I could not get it to eat for 10-12 weeks. so one night i got the temp to about 35 degrees, then turned the light off and teased the snake with a dead hopper. It took about half an hour of teasing but in the end she took the hopper and got the taste for em. Now she is 2 yrs old and around 135cm long and feedin like a champian.........ifit was up to me i would say only use force feeding as the very last resort.
hope this info is helpful.
ackie.

From my limited experience, sounds like you are doing all the right stuff maximus.. hang in there!

I reckon the winner will be leaving him overnight with a live pinky. The pinky won't be able to do him any damage protecting itself, so go for it.

Besat of luck and hope the situation turns around for you soon.

Hi Maximus

first of all if it hasn't got a name call it Jeffery. Some hatchlings are just sent to try us and Jerreries (sp) was a hanging judge.

Sorry if I repeat what's already been said but :

1. Don't give up - my olives went without the slightest interest in food for nine weeks.
2. Consider that the snake may be due for a shedding.
3. Make sure the pinkie is properly thawed and warmed so that it feels warm to the back of your hand.
4.Try feeding at night and in the dark (or dim red light).
5. try teasing the pinkie just outside the hide and maybe blow the smell of the mouse towards the entrance.
6. Try tying a piece of cotton to the pinkie's tails. Put it in the enclosure with the cotton outside. Leave it for a few minutes and when it feels right just jiggle the cotton enough to get the snakes attention. This worked for my Bredls on their first non live feed.
7. You can also jiggle the mouse on the cotton and drop it on the snake's tail or in the middle of it when coiled up.
8. Don't try too many options at once - give the snake some time between ideas and always make sure the mouse is warm.
9. Try the live pinkie, that worked for one of my olives (thanks to Magpie).
10. Don't get impatient - I'm pretty patient and it was even beginning to get to me.
11. If the snakes enclosure is in a high traffic (house traffic) area or there's a lot of vibration, try locating it elsewhere.
12. We're getting to the cooler part of the year. From some of the recent posts it would appear that the amount of daylight (number of hours) or electronic substitute may be the trigger to make a snake stop feeding regardless of the temperature. Try giving more time with the lights on.
13. Don't give up.
14. If you do give up I'm sure someone in our community would take the snake off your hands - I'd even be interested myself.
15. Don't give up.

G 8)

thanx graham that helps....
im back!,, i shall continue the struggle to rid izzi of his anti-eating demons....and this time i shall b e victorious .. i hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back