Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilefan95

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering what sort of dead foods you can feed monitors, if any...
I was looking around and some people say roo meat is alright? Also what about beef heart?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers!

roo mince
Chicken necks
Rats & mice
Day old chicks
Quail
They will eat almost anything they can get thier mouths around.

Yea ok, its a pygmy mulga monitor (varanus gilleni) so would that list be the same?

Yea i thought so i dont mind feeding crickets and woodies but i was just wondering what i could do to change the diet up a little, like eggs (scrambled) and other things like meats

I feed my black headed moniter chewable bits of meat like syeak,pinkymice,mince etc all of wich is choped up into chewable bits good luck and make sure u poast pics.:D:lol:

Ok thanks mate, i havent got the monitor yet, hence the reasearch before hand ;)

how often do you feed the smaller moniters?
and the larger ones like lacies?

Ive heard that hatchlings you feed once a day and adults you feed every 2 or 3 days,

Thanks for that kupper! they are the small blue ones

Gillens will thrive and breed on a diet of crickets/ woodies (daily/ every second day) with a good supplement of small, whole fish (pre- frozen) and, very occasionally, chopped pinkies (once monthly- if you have too). Pinkies may be of some benefit to post- laying females to bring on some condition after the ordeal of egg-laying.

I currently feed my young Lacies (both close to the metre mark) every other day or once every three days and alternate with a diet of adult mice/ quail and small adult rats.

that's what my ackies and young sandies are eating.
As well as lots of crickets and woodies

Yea for a hatchie how many cricket should he be eating everyday if he is healthy?

mine would eat them all day every day if i let them.but they usually get 10-15 each in a sitting.they are about the same size as what yours would be full grown.
they will let you know how many,
when they are full they will stop chasing them, don't put any more in after then till next feed

Ok so im thinking about feeding what every second day, does that sound right?

Ok thanks mate do you have a few pictures of your ackie enclosure i could take a squizz at ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back