Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
some people do fidzy but most introduce the male to the female in intervals during the winter months, I've experiences dominance with my womas where my female won't eat if she has any contact with one of my males mistakes happen but aslong as you learn from them.

what about snakes that are mating partners, is it ok to keep them in the same enclosure year round?

It can be done but you will need plenty of space, and monitor closely, there is still a risk. diamonds are usually ok as they're fairly tolerant of each other and rarely eat other snakes. Diamonds can keep two males together, but usually not recommended. Most other species males will fight and will get injured, females are less agressive towards each other for obvious reasons.

WOAH, nice pic!!

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, that's why you should separate them....

Here is one someone prepared earlier

DSC00002_001.jpg

OUCh did someone think it was a hybrid :p

i have had reptiles for a while but never bred, hoping to get a good understanding an try breeding

its not the hybrids that need to become olive food but the retards that create them

not only feed separate but keep separate thats only asking for trouble plus if they breed i wouldn't want to be you on here

An Olive and a Carpet Python can't breed. Only organisms of the same genus can interbreed. But anyways, I keep young carpets together, but there is no way I would risk an Olive in with a Carpet Python. The Olive will more than likely make a meal of your Carpet sooner or later.

well i didn't think. a carpet and a woma could either but hey theres comas out there and woma x ball plus many other freakish things that shouldn't exist but do

There are quite a few inter-genus hybrids out there. You're probably thinking of inter-genus hybrids producing fertile offspring.

ive only just started owning reptiles, but even i no not to do that. Clearly the olive will eat the other python, its common sense.

Or just leave them in together. I mean you won't have to feed one for a while, and one less mouth to feed....

The only time they have been together is when one of there lights isn't working etc. Its hard to explain there enclosure set up but theres a small gap my snake was trying to get thru so I felt bad and let him through.

My snakes are pretty much the same size atm. The Olives a girl and the Coastals a boy.

I was planning on putting the block on there enclosures bck up but they seem to enjoy being together.

But seeing as everyone thinks its a bad idea I might stick to keeping them seperate!

Also if they were of different sizes I wouldn't be keeping them together! I'm not that damn stupid! LMAO but at the moment they are the same size.

it is always better to be safe than sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back