Female amyae not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knobbies

Reaction score
I have a 6 month old pair of amyae and the female has just stopped eating for some reason. She use to never refuse food but over the last week to week and a half she's just not eating. She's still very active and all. The pair are also separated like all my knobbies.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Mitch

Could she be gravid? My Levis levis females will stop eating for the last week that they are gravid before laying their eggs.

Oh, sorry i just read they are only 6 months old.... a little too young to be gravid. Sorry.

Sherman what is The temp on hot spot and ambient

A recently went through his with all 8 of my 6 month olds and found that lifting the ambient up to 20 degrees helped

I also found cycling there food helped a heap
Roaches one week and crickets the next keeps them keen

Also spraying them an hour before feeding also bought on a stronger feeding response

Apologies in advance for the spelling errors damn predictive text

Yeah I've been spraying mine a little before they eat and my male eats like a pig but nothing from the female. Hot spot is around 30-32 degrees and abient is 20 degrees.

Is she defacating? The only thing I can say, I still have one of your Pilbs that is not eating nearly as well as the other (once a week if I am lucky) and I know that is not normal but she is still active and still hunts when she wants too. She has gone as long as 3 weeks with out eating before she would eat one or two then wouldnt eat again for a week. The Vet has said just make sure when she is eating to be sure she is going to the toilet afterwards and that is all you can do.

Sherman try raising the ambient a little more, as it might kick her in to gear, also dont offer food for a few days then try offering a another food source like woodies or crickets, which ever one you feed the least. Only offer one at a time and wait and see wat happens.

I've raised the ambient temp. Will stop offering her food for a couple of days now then try again. Will go out and get some
woodies and see if she takes them instead of crickets.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back