Fidos Free Itch Rinse Concentrate: Miracle Mite Treatment.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahScales

Reaction score
Keep in mind this might be old news in the Reptile Industry, I'm just so excited to have found something that works for me.

Working in a petstore I have a number of representatives from many companies come through boasting about their products. Recently however I was complaining to a rep about how there are so many flea and tick treatments for dogs but such a limited variety of mite treatments for snakes and I struck gold!

There is a product called ‘Fidos Free Itch Rinse Concentrate’ which is a natural based insecticide derived from a plant called Pyrethrum.

This product when used at the rate of 1:100 concentrate:water, is a perfectly safe manner of treating mites ON the snake and in their enclosure. You simply make up the dose required, soak it up with a wash cloth and allow the snake to move through the cloth and thoroughly wipe the animal down. No need to rinse or wipe it off and it had a wonderful conditioning agent that makes them beautifully shiny. You can also use it as a spray for the enclosure that requires no rinsing either!

Having now used this product myself on everything from a tough jungle python to a fragile green tree python, I’ve not seen any adverse reaction and I don’t have any mites left!

I’ve used the natural method of predatory mites but find them amazing as a short term eradication of an infested room. However it’s even better to have a product to use safely directly on the animal to keep mites away permanently instead of solving an issue after its occured!

10/10 will use as a preventative after every soak for my snakes and to clean out enclosures! I just have to recommend it!

I wouldnt go recommending this as I used this and ended up with a sick snake and a hefty vet bill. Some snakes are more sensitive to this pyrethrum and suffer pyrethrum poisoning. There are other people on here whos snakes have died as a result.

As I've said, I'm just saying in my experience I had great results even on a GTP which are known for being chemically sensitive. I've used it as a wipe down for both cages and snakes and had no problems. I was unaware you've had issues with it.

Coopex can be directly applied to the animal? I didn't know that! So you've had good results with it as well?

Permoxin is another good one, haven't used it for 10 years now but back when I had an outbreak I used it with excellent results and no sick animals.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back