First Aid For Exotic Elapid Bites

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good luck if anyone get bite i would love to see pics especially if it have cytotoxic venoms, they are crazy stuff... not the other hemotoxins and neurotoxins are bad enough

wow, thanks! ok so what peaked my interest was that a st. john's superintendent wanted to know what should be done...i figured i'd ask here

when i used to care to the reptiles at ballarat reptile park, it was company policy not to bandage bites from the uracoan rattlers, siamese and mozabique spitters, or asian cobras due to a sevear necrotic effects and b the fact antivenien was roughly 10 mins away. hope this helps

I don't know why people become so suspicious when questions like this arise - it's an interesting topic and all interesting information. But maybe it's difficult for some to look beyond their own backyard...

J

Hmmm.....so what exactly do you know about this back yard of mine.........especially in relation to exotics that definately don't not exist? :shock:

It is a worthy question. You could rephrase it "What should you do if you do callouts and encounter an exotic?"

Exactly! And if it's a call out it's escaped from someones collection, so it may have possibly bit a child or someone who didn't know what it was (or didnt see it) etc... As long as people are keeping venomous exotics (which they are) then it is a very valid question to ask.

If anyone ever gets bitten by a Russells viper, you should cut your arm off first then bandage the wound.... saves yourself alot of trouble lol

If anyone ever gets bitten by a Russells viper, you should cut your arm off first then bandage the wound.... saves yourself alot of trouble lol
so if i get bit on the foot do i still cut off arm? *scratches head*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back