FOUND - Strange request lol

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup as well as the breeding tanks.
I cut the necks off the bottles and cut v grooved notches into the bottom.Place these in the ice cream containers surrounded by gravel and insert an airline with a airstone into the neck.
This gives me adequate filtration (same as an undergravel filter).

I used to use the 4 liter ice cream containers for baby brislenose and young chiclids. Also used 2 liters with an undergravel filter.
The big plastic bottles are ideal brine shrimp hatcheries. Real easy to clean, just place in recycle bin.
I'd be interested in any photos if possible.
One thing about air stones, I found that if I used a marlin spike (on a swiss army knife) to make a hole for the airline near the rim of the bottle, then that would hold the air stone in place.

Are brineshrimp easy to breed? any knowhow info /setup would be appreciated. Am interested in breeding for seahorses, wish to establish colonys before i buy them[ during tank maturation] thanks.

does anyone know where in like central west nsw or if i want em will i have to buy sea monkeys

Any aquarium shop will sell Artemia eggs.Simply add to water with salt and hatch your own brine shrimp...

Cost: About $12 for a container of eggs...
Amount: Thousands lol too many to count anyway...

Thanks for the brine shrimp link mystic :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back