freezing bredli help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the ambient temp of your enclosure and how is it heated?
Does it have a heat gradient?(ie a hot end and a not so hot end)

im waiting on my ceramics, then it will be perfect, but at the moment i just have a heat padat one end under the back of the cave, its 29 in the cave, 27 outside the cave, 24 at the other end.

do you have heating in your house.... crank it to 26 ish then it is still livable for you but also benificial for the snake

do you have a ridient heater or anything like that to put beside the enclosure.... bredels are from central australia and therefore need the heat so i would try and get something happening for his as soon as possible

it is better then nothing that is for sure , place it at the same end as the heat cave you have so that it will become the hot end of your set up.... this will allow him to thermoregulate through the heat gradient that you have now created.... be sure that the heat lamp doesnt get to hot or increase the temp of the cage too much because i assume that it will not be on a thermostat so you will have to keep an eye on it.

Where abouts in melb are you moving to???

hoppers crossing. hehe now who lives in that part of melbourne?

At the moment Angel I wouldn't be worrying too much, my Bredls move around a bit but am cooling at the moment and with the temperatures you have in that enclosure he has the option to go into whatever temp he desires, if he is not using the hottest part of the cage then he is prob quite happy as he is. Though they are a Central Oz snake temps out there do get down a bit at night etc. I wouldn't be worrying unless any symptoms of other possible health problems appear.
Please realise that this is just my opinion from observations with my own Bredl's

I just HAD to have a look at thi thread....I was concerned as to why anyone would want to freeze a Bredli!! heheheheehe

Sue

lmao stretchy, thanks for all the advice guys.
Im moving the the hoppers crossing/tarneit/werribee area in melb, not sure exactly yet but somewhere near there as that where my mum lives.
yes i am getting thormostats for my ceramics.
Angel

Hey Angel, you could always have him/her snuggle up in bed with you

i do often, lol she likes it best in my bra, nice and warm

Steady on girls, I am getting old you know :)

I'm getting back into it Oh Gorgeous one
Do you like my new tat??

Oh gorgeous one? Is it any wonder I missed you so much my sweet lady?
As for the tat, it is just like you my sweet..... Adorable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back