freshwater croc tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trigs_86

Not so new Member
Reaction score
P5210425.jpgP5210428.jpgP5210421.jpgP5210424.jpgthis my7ft tank make n a new one soon at 9ftx2ftx2ft.freshy is a year old any ideas for new tank or post up some pictures cheersP5210422.jpg

that is awesome !!!, how bigs the tank ? and does it eat the goldfish ?

awesome tank. love the croc too! ive got a big 6ftx2ftx1.5ft tank that i wanna put a freshy in. saw the ones at melbourne zoo and fell inlove!

Love the crocodile. Poor goldfish.
What are the rules for having fresh water crocs. Could you get one with a NSW basic reptile keepers licence?

Nice fat freshie mate.
How often, and what are you feeding it?

Also is the tube going in the water in the second photo for the water heater?

Check my past threads for some pics of my croc setup.

cool tank and croc , the croc looks like a tubby little bugger . im still in the tank planning stage , but i will get a croc in the near future .

thanks mate feed him chicken harts about three times a week an put a few goldfish in every week or 2 and a pinky every now an then an just bits of meat wen ever...yer they are 52mm plastic tubes just from bunnings drille some holes in them so the water flows through just in case he bites em one day..ok cool ill check them out now

Might have to give the chicken hearts a go one time.
Not meaning to have a go, but you should try to feed more pinkies than chicken hearts as whole prey is a more substantial diet for them.

On another note, I just went out and bought one of those magnetic algae cleaners, and Irwin hates it, biting and snapping at it whenever I try to clean his tank.

all good i will do thanks for the info..haha yeah i was thinking of getting one of them in the process of building a new tank its 9ft long x2ft x2ft any ideas

thats awsome as! id love to get one!can you keep then in tanks or do you have o put them in say a pond at somepoint?
what do you have to do to get a croc it QLD????

thanks mate yea i building a 9ft tank for him now then once he grows a bit in that ill set up a garden shed with a pond and lights in it ect.....not to sure about qld rules as its different here in vic

Love the crocodile. Poor goldfish.
What are the rules for having fresh water crocs. Could you get one with a NSW basic reptile keepers licence?

in vic there on advanced and nsw rules are stricter so definatly on advanced in nsw

Last edited:
since no-one has replied to you actual question i thought is throw one out there..
why dont you just extend the one you have or make one like that-everyone that has commented seems to love THAT design so yeh maybe just stick with that

cheers-seb

great looking tank and croc trigs_86 what state are you located in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back