friendly reminder!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilegirl_jordan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys

Over the last 12 months i have noticed alot of people flaming on this site.This site use to be so friendly for new comers! now i wonder if a little 10 yr old is gonna get flamed for saying can he get a death adder... just a friendly reminder guys that we are all here to help each other out with our cold-blooded beauties.

merry x-mas to all!
jordo

Well said Gay Ninja.

Share the chrissy love, maybe in chemically induced, psychadellic 60's style too;)

So true and needed to be said. I too have noticed the decline in quality and the rudeness and intolerance of some, not just to the young or the newbie but to others too. Sadly I am tending to spend less time on this site due to this reason.

I agree to a certain extent but will say I do get annoyed at posts like "can I keep a wild lizard" some of the posts in the last couple of month have almost seemed like jokes - I'm all for helping new herpers who have a genuine interest and make a real effort to research and learn as they are the next ones to maybe help the herp world, there also has to be respect from the new people to people who do try and help them not just throw advice back in their faces as it then makes people less incline to help anyone else.
I had an incident with a 10yr old on here but once the thread had closed I pm him and we had a chat and I was amazed at how much he takes on board and I for one will help him if he ever needs it.
I also love we are all entitled to our own opinions and most will respect others opinions even if the differ from theirs

Flaming

It is realy frustrating and insulting for someone who has some thing relevant to say on this site to be flamed by some idiot smart alec. I've said it before and I'll say it again. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING INTELLIGENT TO SAY, SAY NOTHING, AND PEOPLE MIGHT THINK YOU ARE INTELLIGENT! BUT IF YOU SHOOT YOUR MOUTH OFF WE WILL KNOW YOUR NOT!

It is realy frustrating and insulting for someone who has some thing relevant to say on this site to be flamed by some idiot smart alec. I've said it before and I'll say it again. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING INTELLIGENT TO SAY, SAY NOTHING, AND PEOPLE MIGHT THINK YOU ARE INTELLIGENT! BUT IF YOU SHOOT YOUR MOUTH OFF WE WILL KNOW YOUR NOT!

WOW I think we all get your point :D - and a very valid one too

Thank goodness , i was waiting for somebody to bring this is up or else i was going to.

Thank you for the friendly reminder my schnitzel ninja girl : )

Great posts , and i understand everything that was said/ intended.
To the post made by shlanger - so true. A very meaningful one too ...
Nikki

geez calm down the worlds not ending..

but yeah i agree definaltey to this thread.

I agree to a certain extent but will say I do get annoyed at posts like "can I keep a wild lizard" quote]

I realise were your coming from, and Im not trying to start, an argument, you just got to remember we have all asked these questions before, im sure you weren't born knowing the answer to some of these questions the youngens are asking, as stupid as they seem.

of course but we had to threads in a matter of days about the keeping of wild herps surely one was enough for everyone to understand it is illegal. there are some really good tools that are on this site to help the new comers get an idea of the basic things but they never seem to be utilized which is a shame. I try to have a good tolerance level but I will openly admit that some times it is stretched and I get annoyed but I'm sure I have annoyed people on a few occasions so yes we all do it:D

I agree to a certain extent but will say I do get annoyed at posts like "can I keep a wild lizard" quote]

I realise were your coming from, and Im not trying to start, an argument, you just got to remember we have all asked these questions before, im sure you weren't born knowing the answer to some of these questions the youngens are asking, as stupid as they seem.

of course but we had to threads in a matter of days about the keeping of wild herps surely one was enough for everyone to understand it is illegal. there are some really good tools that are on this site to help the new comers get an idea of the basic things but they never seem to be utilized which is a shame. I try to have a good tolerance level but I will openly admit that some times it is stretched and I get annoyed but I'm sure I have annoyed people on a few occasions so yes we all do it:D

Oh right! I thought it was just a 1 off sort of thread. Fair enought then.
Would be good if people could explain how to use the search function on threads like that, therefore they know for the future and dont get abused and put off the site.

Edit* Hmmmm... the quote button isnt working?

I am sure some members really don't know if it is legal to catch wild caught lizards (especially new ones) but then you never quite know whether it is a g-up!
So I like to think that it is a genuine question.

I don't come online on APS as much as I use to, I also don't post as much because people are just intolerant of users and tend to flame them, just like what was said above. I use to log onto APS everyday, however now it's once or twice per week, sometimes longer.

we all would like to think they are genuine questions and more often than not everyone give people the benefit of the doubt.

I would also like to say that nearly everyone would be guilty of flaming someone at some point or a rather its just that some will admit it others will not - I also find it hard as there are a few members who actually do go out of their way to stir the pot as such and I have been stupid enough o bite on more than one occasions and later have realised it was some one doing it on purpose (silly me for falling for it haha:D). Maybe there should be a fact sheet that is sent to every new member just explaining the basic points of things in general so they have an idea of things not to say like "cross breeding and wild cough and god forbid cats hahah"

I am sure some members really don't know if it is legal to catch wild caught lizards (especially new ones) but then you never quite know whether it is a g-up!
So I like to think that it is a genuine question.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING INTELLIGENT TO SAY, SAY NOTHING, AND PEOPLE MIGHT THINK YOU ARE INTELLIGENT! BUT IF YOU SHOOT YOUR MOUTH OFF WE WILL KNOW YOUR NOT!

I second that.....

I only post if I can help that person get the info they need.... If you want to be a Smart Alec... Or have a go at someone, do it on the street so that they can at least respond.... he he

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back