friendly reminder!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, half of the innocent threads being talked about in this thread are urine extractions. Why do you think this site has the volume of traffic it has? Because it is a very entertaining medium. It kills me to see, some of the posts in this thread are from some top class protagonists in arguments, and some just need to come out from under their umbrellas. and toughen up a bit. APS is an internet foum, chill out. LOL

I flame morons, and i get flamed.

Fair is fair.
It's all arguable, just the opinions of each herper.
I actually think debates make a forum more interesting.

What i REALLY hate is people who give advice about certain species they know nothing about, when they have just read it off some website and had no experience with the matter.

Last edited:
I am all for the members to give a little bit of slack to questions that aren't very wise. However I would also like to point out that some people seem to think it is their right to highjack a thread, and take it to the gutter (not sure this is what cockney red was trying to say??). I have not been impressed by the members that say something inflamatory, and then when THEY are attacked they strike back. Enough is enough.

well all I can say is most forums are the same , you get the good & you get the bad........just like in day to day life.
It's all about your choice if you want to respond to the bad & lower yourself to their level OR just ignore.

It is unfortunate that some can be sarcastic with newbie questions , which is a shame ..........we were all newbie's once !!!!

I still am & I keep learning & will until the day I die.

Keep smiling all & thanks to everyone in here that has given me great advice & helped me this year !

I only post when i either think i know something about the topic or have a genuine interest in it. In both of these cases i will 'flame' someone, I like to think of it as debating not flaming, if i think they are wrong. I don't see the problem with that.

I usually save the genuine flaming for chit chat and then it is only served to people i think are racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist and bigoted. That's right, we all know who you are as well.

I only post when i either think i know something about the topic or have a genuine interest in it. In both of these cases i will 'flame' someone, I like to think of it as debating not flaming, if i think they are wrong. I don't see the problem with that.

I usually save the genuine flaming for chit chat and then it is only served to people i think are racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist and bigoted. That's right, we all know who you are as well.
Sounds about the go mate.:)

does that mean we have to be tolerent of cat lovers and stuff, I really enjoy coming here and stirring people up :lol:

Does that mean that we have to be tolerant of ignorant people who automatically stereotype certain individuals who keep certain species without looking into the facts. Not all people like all types of species of animals - However it's unfair to automatically assume that when someone does keep a certain type of species that they're not housing that animal the correct way.

Not every cat owner is stupid and let their animals roam around the wild were they are able to attack native wild life. There are some responsible cat owners in this world, so don't stereotype. I for one am one of these owners, we have 2 cats in this house hold and they have never been outside and have never been given the chance to roam or possibly attack native wildlife.

Also, I would like to add that I am not creating this thread into a Cat lovers VS Cat Haters Thread, I am just making a genuine statement, which is on topic to this thread about people flaming other users.

Maybe there should be a section regarding reptile laws and explaining things that seem obvious to people who keep herps already so the newbies will know where to look before they poke the wasps nest.... or even a link to each states licencing body.... obviously the first option would take a lot of work so ..... BAGS NOT! ha ha ha!

And another thing that is getting out of hand is off topic posts or little ones like "yeah i agree". posts like that just waste space and time getting to the real stuff without adding anything to the topic. I dont mean to upset anyone but i find it annoying to have to scroll past 100 "yeah what he said" posts to get to the meat of the topic.

Thanks for reading my rant...

Isnt it curious how some people can manage to change the flow of an originally positive thread towards the negative. This seems to happen far to often on here these days.....
Just need common sense and a sense of humor, to navigate the internet. same on any forum. Everyone has an opinion, it would hardly be a discussion if everybody was a Stepford.

Brilliantly said!! :D :D

It is a bit sad to think that in this day and age there are still people out there who have the above mentioned racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist and bigoted attitudes though :?

It is a bit sad to think that in this day and age there are still people out there who have the above mentioned racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist and bigoted attitudes though :?
yeah what he said :D

Little warning
I am upgrading this post to APS discussions.
This is no chit chat dribble any more, so please watch what you post.
Ryan you better stay out of here from now.

I hear this comment alot and frankly it puzzles me! In this day and age we are told to have an opinion and to stand up for what we think is right, so therefore if you did have any of the above mentioned beleifs why would you not mention them? The bigger Aust gets the more diverse the backgrounds and the more diverse opinions will be had.
Just a thought

Flame away..........;)

I hear this comment alot and frankly it puzzles me! In this day and age we are told to have an opinion and to stand up for what we think is right, so therefore if you did have any of the above mentioned beleifs why would you not mention them? The bigger Aust gets the more diverse the backgrounds and the more diverse opinions will be had.
Just a thought

Flame away..........;)

The point is that most intolerant, bigoted opinions affect other people and usually lead to hate-mongering and discrimination against minority groups.

"Freedom" to be bigoted affects more than just the bigot which suggests to me that it should be restricted. Tolerance and freedom of opinion come with a certain responsibility to protect groups with less power in society.

The point is that most intolerant, bigoted opinions affect other people and usually lead to hate-mongering and discrimination against minority groups.

"Freedom" to be bigoted affects more than just the bigot which suggests to me that it should be restricted. Tolerance and freedom of opinion come with a certain responsibility to protect groups with less power in society.

Very true Jess but i think we need to drop a few things of the reply" Tolerance and freedom of opinion come with a certain responsibility to protect " EVERYBODY.

Those familiar with political rockers RATM will remember" Freedom of speech ,just watch what you say".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back