Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any pictures guuys?Info?As said before i have searched on here--as they are a Category 4 reptile on our license system, so they must be harder to keep than what i have, so i want to find out as much info as i can so that i dont fail in keeping them

Think of outdoor pits if you have the room
The best for UV and general health.
You are from Bundy so a trip to "Snakes Downunder" in Childers. A reptile park, and the owner, Ian, has Frillies in out door pits and you can talk to him about keeping them. A great guy and willing to talk to you.

Here is a photo of pits we use
Good luck

thats an awesome idea, how much are these tubs roughly? if you dont mind me asking

Any pictures guuys?Info?As said before i have searched on here--as they are a Category 4 reptile on our license system, so they must be harder to keep than what i have, so i want to find out as much info as i can so that i dont fail in keeping them

Google loves to answer the same question, why dont you ask google?

Frilly's are the most spectacular lizard you can own IMO
I have been keeping them for a while
& although I plan on getting out of lizards they are definitely one I want to keep hold of...
there are 2 forms N.T & QLD the N.T form does grow larger
& they have more colour variations

I recomend keeping them social at a young age.
They need misting frequently as they tend to forget where the water bowl has gone
Try to put them in an enclosure that they will be kept for life
as they hate changes to their surroundings.
Introduce a wide variety of foods into their diet as soon as possible
to avoid a picky lizard.

do not over handle these lizards if you don't plan to keep up with it..
They are shy & timid so patience is needed when first getting them home
I think you'll fall in love with them, just as everyone else I know who keeps them
finds them an amazing addition to their collection ;)

Theres some pics on my profile page in the album tittled the zoo
Good luck with it all dougie...

thats an awesome idea, how much are these tubs roughly? if you dont mind me asking

Thanks for your comment.

The pits we have here are 5500 gal plastic water tanks that have been cut up into 3 rings of about 500- 600mm high.
There are no bottoms in the pits, we just sit the pit on the ground and put about 4-5 inches of hardwood chip and pea gravel at 50/50 mix. This allows any water to just quickly drain away and keep the pit dry. The old doors are for the lizards to hide at night and to keep dry when it rains. We have shingleback lizards here and they have to be kept very dry.

If you are keeping lizards that dig eg monitors then you would have a solid floor like cement and have higher sides.

We keep beardies, shinglebacks, blue tongue and frillies in these pits.

The water tanks are seconds that where no good for holding water but where difficult to find, you may get lucky. These tanks are around 3.5 meters in diameter. They cost me $1500.00 each at the time.

You can do the same thing with aluminium square tubing and thoes plastic joiners that are available from hardware stores, and line it with plastic sheeting (to make square pits). We are going to make some of these soon.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hey guys thanks for all the Help So far! We probaly wont keep them outside, as We live way too south of where they come from!But we will make an enclosure inside for them.

Anymore enclosure pics + sizes?>? What size enclosures would be good for a pair?I have read that a size would be 1m wide x 1m tall x 50cm deep????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back