Froggie Prolapse.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jinin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Today was an interesting day reguarding my herps, as I had one of my Frogs Prolapse and 2 of my Coastals Escape and found them both(Can be read on here if interested: Escapees!)

One of my 5 Centralian Tree Frogs had a prolapse this morning, they are all only 3months old. I gave him a sugar bath, only a small amount went back in so i rang the Vet at 10:00am and they said the vet who i wanted to see would be in at 4:00pm, so i waited and so did the poor froggy.

The reason why i wasn't at school was that i had an exam at 1pm(For those that were wondering). So after the exam, i took him up to the Vet, i noticed that he also had a big lump in his guts, like he had eaten something and it had impacted in his stomach.

There was nothing in his tank which he could have eaten except for a plant(live water plant) or Sphagnum Moss. I said to the vet that he could have eaten the Moss , causing the impaction and prolapse as i thought it kind of looked like the moss. So we started pulling the little bit of moss which was hanging out of the end of the intestine(if that was what it was) Turns out he had eaten a 5cm long piece of Sphagnum Moss, i have learnt my lesson and for those thinking of getting Sphagnum Moss please don't! Hopefully he wont have another prolapse.

Heres some pics:

Lump and Prolapse, Prolapse, Healthy Frog, Sphagnum Moss and Healthy Frog.

P1027_15-09-10.jpgP1024_15-09-10.jpgP1643_15-09-10.jpgP1645_15-09-10.jpgP1633_15-09-10.jpg

Is the third photo the frog put back into a tank with sphagnum moss?

Well your not having a good day today r u jake, hope you get the costal back, hope froggie gets better and hope tomorrow is a good day for you man.

thx gecko and Chicken, I found the snake :) , Oh and bfg that picture is of the frog in the tank while i was getting the rest out, they have no substrate now until i go and get some Peat Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back