Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That wrinkly frog looks like a very "pleased with himself" fat politician. Uncanilly human like!!!!

ssssnakeman my son (12yo) took it this arvo when we let the frogs go, i have some others ill find for you.

earthmother the last pic in my origional post has a frog in the crocs mouth

lol Shermy,

looks abit like Jabba the Hutt too. lol

Look at you ...still the dancing demon. I never thanked you for dancing with an old duck...ei me. lol. That was very kind of you.
love to the kids, give em a kiss for me (risk salmonella) before they move on.:)
Zard, on my comp it's just a red cross. Probably the comps fault. :/

ssssnakeman let us know if you want to come up this way, we can arrange cheap accomodation at the quarters and you get to shower with the frogs as an added bonus :)

I must say i find it amusing to hear that people think that these frogs are Brown Tree Frogs, Litoria ewingii. Cogger states a maximum length for this species of 35mm. The largest I have seen was a captive specimen of about 25mm. Unless you have stumbled across an unknown population of giant Brown Tree Frogs which look completly different to any Brown Tree Frog I have seen they are not Brown Tree Frogs.

Unless you have stumbled across an incredibly strange population of colour morph Peron's Tree Frogs, Litoria peronii, they are not perons tree frogs at all either. A distinguishing feature of this species is the mottled colour pattern on their back. Again, unless you have been lucky enough to find a population of perons without the most distinguishing feature of perons they are not perons.

I will not identify any frog from a photo unless it is blatently obvious as to what species it is. Judging by these photographs they are from the genus Litoria. My guess is Litoria rubella, Litoria tyleri or possibly Litoria latopalmata, however the snout looks too short for this species.

I can Zard. Just the first one though! very cute handful there :)
and
Hello McDowelli,
Haven't come across you before.
Welcome and while you're looking, check out those frogs I posted. Do you know what they are? I'm very sure they're NOT BTFs. lol.
I believe one is a striped Marsh Frog and the other a peroni, one is a delicate. All litoria. But there are so many Litoria.

I'd appreciate some feedback. :)

Gday,
judging by where you live and the fact the frogs were in the toilet, I'd have to agree they're desert tree frogs (litoria rubella).

Very nice to see some intrest in frogs and some pics in the forums! great pics all, keep em coming! :D

Id say the big brown one is a grossly overweight (captive) rubella. or a grossly overweight (captive) and very sickly cearulea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back