Frustrated Beyond Belief

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
I have this neighbour across the road who RELIGIOUSLY waters his freakin' garden every Tuesday (and I'm sure he was doing it yesterday) for the whole 2hrs....hose on....flat knacker!!

Supposedly it's perfectly legal according to the Yarra Valley Water website
Stage 3a was developed to reduce the impact on residential gardeners. These rules allow manual watering between 6 am - 8 am on designated watering days and automatic watering using a dripper system between midnight and 2 am on designated watering days.*

Melbournes water storage is 32.3% currently and I dare say with all the fire fighting activities(as are necessary) and super-high temps they'll get even lower.

When is Melbourne Water going to get serious about this??? 32.3% and this turkey is watering his weeds! I dunno....frustration doesn't even begin to sum up my feelings about this! :evil:

Oh, and I've spoken to him about it but he just shrugs his shoulders and says he's allowed to do it! Where is the responsibility you'd have to ask. I might start chocking up his hoses with marbles or something........

Maybe he has a recycle system? Or his own tanks? One can only hope!

lol I don't blame you for being agro!
It's stupidity that people still think it's acceptable to
water their gardens/lawns like crazy...

In my street a lot of people have started to revamp their yards
using bark,sand rocks etc.. to stop using water where it
isn't necessary..

I hate seeing water wasted frivolously
& take every measure to ensure I conserve as much as possible...
I think we should all be doing the same!

he would probably be the first to winge and blame someone else if the water ever runs really low and ya can't water at all.

My lawn started to go brown last week, it was drowning (seriously) It would be good if we could pipe the overflow from our dams down to the southern states, we have meters of water flowing over the spillway straight into the bloody sea....

he would probably be the first to winge and blame someone else if the water ever runs really low and ya can't water at all.

yeah that would be right, they are that sort of people , sound like my old neighbour who used to yell at us kids when we went past on our push bikes:lol: stay away from my lawn, (not that we ever went on it) he just hated kids,

I share your annoyance every time I drive in to town & see people blatantly wasting water left right & centre yet I feel guilty for wasting a drop of my precious tank water to wash the mud of my number plates.

Well Its called Walk Over Take a Shovel with u.. Dig up his lawn.. and throw it in your trailer.. then the Unintelligent person wont be able to water anything :) Or lawn stomp?

My lawn started to go brown last week, it was drowning (seriously) It would be good if we could pipe the overflow from our dams down to the southern states, we have meters of water flowing over the spillway straight into the bloody sea....

FLOOD US!!! then we might be able to stop these stupid fires!!

stupid man i want to come over and stomp/dig up/burn well do whatever i can to stop him wasting the 'precious' water!:evil:

burnouts and donuts on his lawn!!!!!
or diesel
or salt
or HCL
or dry concrete strait out of the bag

20 years ago I could see that lawns were wrong for Australia.
Now as we have become more dependent on air-conditioning, less social and less active they have even less use.
I reckon I could count on my fingers the number of time I've seen someone actually using their front lawn yet it needs mowing on a regular basis and waterign, fertilzer etc. Every house I've owned I've killed the front lawn and put low water needs gardens in.
Even back lawns, what do you use it for? Save your water, save your time mowing it and take the kids to the park on the odd occasion.

Just move to WA...... We water our gardes, wash our cars, hose our paths etc etc... More De-salination plants getting built...... Why haven't eastern stats got de-sel plants yet? Maybe WA is ahead for a change... Mullet hair cuts have just come in over here..........
If it's his right to do it you can't blame him just the system... I doubt he's wasting as much water as the industrial sector anyways.

Maybe he has a recycle system? Or his own tanks? One can only hope!

I wish he had, but he definitely doesn't.

I'm glad I can't water the lawn. The bindii's have taken over and now it's pretty maintenance free. I spent a fair bit of cash putting lawn in about 4yrs ago...now I have dirt (and bindii's) :lol:

That is what I have never understood about the sewerage recycling in the South east? Why not just build a desalination plant for sea water, seriously you would have to think that straining all the chunks of crap out of the sewerage would be more difficult then reverse osmosis? I mean I wouldn't mind so much if I accidentally got a little taste of salt in my mouth, but the alternative!!!!

That is what I have never understood about the sewerage recycling in the South east? Why not just build a desalination plant for sea water, seriously you would have to think that straining all the chunks of crap out of the sewerage would be more difficult then reverse osmosis? I mean I wouldn't mind so much if I accidentally got a little taste of salt in my mouth, but the alternative!!!!

http://www.desalinfo.com.au/ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back