Frustrated Beyond Belief

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the watering thing... I couldn't give a rats... If you stress out about everything that everybody does wrong, you'll end up with a crack in your forehead, what the point?... I guy a few suburbs away was bashed to death for watering his lawn... I can't see how the guy who bashed him saw murdering someone wasn't quite so bad as using water when your not supposed to.. The Governments are still pumping people into our cities even though water levels are low, but of course they have to... it's the easiest way to keep the economy alive.

As far as the watering thing... I couldn't give a rats... If you stress out about everything that everybody does wrong, you'll end up with a crack in your forehead, what the point?... I guy a few suburbs away was bashed to death for watering his lawn... I can't see how the guy who bashed him saw murdering someone wasn't quite so bad as using water when your not supposed to.. The Governments are still pumping people into our cities even though water levels are low, but of course they have to... it's the easiest way to keep the economy alive.

That wasn't exactly the situation though Jason. The bloke that was charged was reminding his neighbour to take it easy on the water --- then the neighbour squirted him with the hose ,
then the bloke hit him once & he went into a siezure & died . Not right , but hardly intended murder.
Too many people are way too casual about the water usage . The stuff is going to be more
valued than oil one of these days.
That's why some big Corps & Gov's are buying up huge underground water reserves in Third World Countries.

If its legal, he's got every right to do it.
He love's his garden, its his hobby and it probably relaxes him.
I can't see a problem.

i think the water nazis are the one's with the problem.

Surely you are both joking??? His garden is weeds...this is the frustrating part!

The problem is a lack of responsibility on behalf of a house-holder. Just because our ridiculous government here hasn't got the guts to drop us into stage 4 restrictions, but rather keep adding A,B,C,& D on the end of it doesn't mean it's right . What if EVERYONE was doing this?? IF he had a tank I couldn't care less.

Quite clearly people lack common sense!

moose the sad thing is untill alot of people are actually going through it themselves they suffer "ostrich syndrome "...the whole country should be made water wise ..it should be one law ...and applied to everyone .

Water is far too cheap...and the more you use the cheaper it gets!!

Apart from the environmentally aware, where is there any incentive to save water?

Drinking water is used for flushing toilets....that is pretty obscene.

What's going to happen if the fires go right through and raze the catchments for melbourne.....then we'll be in real trouble.

I do put a bit of water on the plants at our place but all that water comes from buckets in the shower, washing up or laundry. Very little water goes down the drains at our place anymore.

A good exercise is to take a reading from your meter every week....you'll be quite shocked at just how much you use! Two of us here use around 600 litres a week.....well below the average but still a huge amount of water and much of it wasted going down the loo.

If anyone is after a really good read try the "humanure handbook" available as a free download on the web.

And in relation to th thread...just because it's legal doesn't make it right...some people have little moral responsibility

My lawn started to go brown last week, it was drowning (seriously) It would be good if we could pipe the overflow from our dams down to the southern states, we have meters of water flowing over the spillway straight into the bloody sea....

Richard Pratt (owner of Visy, one of the richest men in Australia) suggested to install a pipe from Qld to Vic around 10 years ago and he was laughed at...

The pipe would have been installed and we would have no shortage now if he was listened to...

i`m tired of government only planning for the next election instead of our future...:evil:

I agree,

Howard, Kennett, Bracks did nothing.

Rudd is yet to do something.

Brumby has done a half assed attempt at fixing the problem but doesnt want to spend the big dollars needed.

In the meantime we continue to expand the population when we have a water supply that cant accomodate the current population and has not been able to for well over 10 years.

Shame Shame Shame.

I gave up on Australia's populace getting water-wise when the residents of Toowoomba voted against recycling sewerage water, despite being on, (and remaining on), level 5 water restrictions.

I read a novel by an australian author as a child called 'Salt'. Not sure of the author's name, but it's not Adam Roberts, who also wrote a book called 'Salt'. It's set in a future Australia that's been ravaged by lack of water, leading to civil war and the eventual desertification of the remaining fertile coastlines by rising salt levels. Certainly a grim story, but what bothers me is that some of the written events that lead up to the fictional Australia of the future have actually happened since the novel was written in the 1980's.

I have this neighbour across the road who RELIGIOUSLY waters his freakin' garden every Tuesday (and I'm sure he was doing it yesterday) for the whole 2hrs....hose on....flat knacker!! quote]

Gotta admire his stamina... I couldn't stand there holding a hose for 2 hours straight
Maybe 10 - 15 minutes.. Thats all I got :rolleyes:

My lawn is a graceful dead crisp. Im getting sick of the real estate saying i have to water it or ill be evicted and blah blah that arguement.
As for others who waste water, accross the road a guy waters his windows with the hose full blast, i guess he cant stand cobwebs?
Petrol is the best lawn fertilizer for those that wont stand for lesser green grass.

You might think he is wasteful with water, but whats he think of all that electricity you're wasting heating snakes.

have a beer and chillax.

I have this neighbour across the road who RELIGIOUSLY waters his freakin' garden every Tuesday (and I'm sure he was doing it yesterday) for the whole 2hrs....hose on....flat knacker!! quote]

Gotta admire his stamina... I couldn't stand there holding a hose for 2 hours straight
Maybe 10 - 15 minutes.. Thats all I got :rolleyes:

It's no miracle, he just props himself up against the house ;)

You might think he is wasteful with water, but whats he think of all that electricity you're wasting heating snakes.

have a beer and chillax.

We've got a water shortage problem,not a power shortage problem

Moose just compensate by drinking more beer thus drinking less water thats how I justify my 45min showers in the morning.:)

Thats not the point. his perspective is different to yours. You should respect that.

I don't respect that. Maybe you should swallow your own medicine and respect my point of view ;)

It's alright, he can soon water his garden with raw sewerage cos that's about all that'll be available to him :lol:

That wasn't exactly the situation though Jason. The bloke that was charged was reminding his neighbour to take it easy on the water --- then the neighbour squirted him with the hose ,
then the bloke hit him once & he went into a siezure & died . Not right , but hardly intended murder.
QUOTE]

Ok then, I'll soften it up for everyone....... A 66 year old man, lawfully watering his lawn between allowed times got into an argument over the water usage with a 37 year old man... the 66 year old was then punched to the ground and kicked..then died of a heart attack.... the 37 year old pleaded guilty to manslaughter .

As for water usage, I blame society in general...blame people for having to many kids, blame governments for bringing more people in, the world is over populated and it will all come to a nasty end in the not to distant future, look what great things humans have done to this country (and the rest of the world) in the last 200 years.

It's alright, he can soon water his garden with raw sewerage cos that's about all that'll be available to him :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm glad Sydney decided to built a de-sal plant for salt water instead of the sewerage option... sure, it's next door to a Caltex refinery but hey, alls good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back