Gay marraige, Yay or Nay?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gay Marraige, Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 106 58.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 74 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

grimbeny

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering about what people in the comunity think about this issue.

As long as I'm not forced to marry a gay man, I also see no reason why not.

Yea well i agree. Also interested in reasons for ppl that dont agree.

I see no reason why not.

There are a lot of gay couples that wish they could have the same legal rights as straight couples.

all for it...

the more gay guys there are, the more single women available:D

And i know girls are gay too...But thats hot so it's okay:lol:

Nay.
I'm all for gay couples being given the same rights as straight couples, but Marriage is a religious thing and in the eyes of most (if not all) religions, same sex partners are wrong.

Marriage is not always religious. I do not have a religious bone in my body; and yet I definately plan to marry one day.

As long as I'm not forced to marry a gay man, I also see no reason why not.

Typical straight male attitude. 'I don't mind if he's gay, as long as he doesn't come on to me'.

And I'm yay for gay marriage, I get what Kelly is saying, but marriage isn't so much of a religious thing anymore. At least not in Australia. Marriage gives financial rights to couples, and I believe anyone should get that regardless of sexual orientation.

i have no problem with it.
gay guys are awsome and have great taste lol
people should be who they are, not who others want them to be : )

Personally I dont think marrage started as a religious practice some religions just took it on, a good way to have control and make money...I'm sorry if that offends some people it's not meant to. I just see some religions as greedy. We were all created equqal so yay for me on gay marrages..

yay,
each to their own.
We are not in the 1800's so we should not live in the past and base current laws on old beliefs and ideas.

Also, interesting point about the religion/marriage issue, but maybe some gay people also hold some type of religous beliefs, and also people who are not religious still get married but there is no law against them getting married because they don't follow the bible. (I don't know, just a thought)

Nay.
I'm all for gay couples being given the same rights as straight couples, but Marriage is a religious thing and in the eyes of most (if not all) religions, same sex partners are wrong.

here is one definition
A union between two persons having the customary but usually not the legal force of marriage: a same-sex marriage.

all for it...

the more gay guys there are, the more single women available:D

And i know girls are gay too...But thats hot so it's okay:lol:

LOL, What a spot on practical assessment of an otherwise ethical minefield.

i agree firedragon. the fact that marraige is definatly across all major religions and ALL the religions state the otheres are wrong. Why does the law give special rights to those with faulty beleifs.

Im a wedding photographer, and every weekend I go to weddings, and I can assure you that most arent religious, they are purely a promise with a bit of paper work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back